Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I won't say when.. of course! :p:

But it's between the 10th and 20th of next month.

Finally, I've been waiting ages on my instructor to get back so I can use his car etc. So went for a lesson there, couldn't get any free dates until 1st Oct! But then I got a cancelation! So

Good luck, mate!

Failed mine yesterday, by luck i got a retest on the 11th of September.

ReputationRep:
    Unlucky mate! How did you fail it? What on?

Lucky to get a resit so early!!

I pulled up to a junction (behind the line) and this big lorry wanted to turn into the junction i was coming out of. I failed because i should have 'anticipated' that the lorry would not have enough room (even though the lorry wasn't even there when i arrived at the junction :rolleyes:) and should have stopped well back.

Was furious because i got 1 serious and 1 minor.

Although i can't exactly say 'Oh the test was easy' (Because i did fail it) I did make loads of little errors like not cancelling my indicators straight away, doing 30 in a 40 zone, and pulling out of a couple of junctions in 2nd gear, i didn't even get a minor for them. So to be honest i may just have had a lenient examiner but it seems that the test isn't as strict as you are led to beleive.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps the examiner didn't bother logging your minor faults since you'd already failed?

You should have been minored for speed and gears but you may have gotten away with the indicator if the examiner liked you.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.