Best Student Insurers Watch

Mattw89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hi All,

I've been getting endless amount of advertisements in regards to insurers for my stuff at uni, and just wondering which from past experience or what you have heard would be the best company to use.

I'm taking some fairly expensive stuff with me to uni, top of range PC, TV, fridge etc. and although my place seems secure I'd still like to know i've got it all insured!

Also brother said something about excess which means if my PC was stolen some insurance companies would make you pay the first 400 and then they pay the rest if u have a cheaper plan.

Just any advice really on student insurance that I can purchase for the year/9 months.
Bigfoot
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ive been looking.. most places direct you to Endsleigh who are a rip off.

Try http://www.saxoninsurance.com/ they seem much better value.
Mattw89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
yes they do seem cheaper, although its harder to get a more detailed quote.

I'll have my PC (thats fine to do on it) but also covering my tv, playstation 2, things like printer, fridge etc. isn't in there unlike endsleigh.

Wonder if there is a way to add them to it???
love_mojitos
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Which students insure a fridge? Apart from the fact the landlord usually provides and insures his property, thay are usally covered by Currys/Commet.

I insure my contents with Ensleight - who are the only insurance recommnded by Students Union and was dead cheap. Insured my phone for an extra £30 or something. When you make a claim then you pay an excess which and the insurance pays the rest.

Your Pc etc are covered my contents insurance - you say how much your contents are worth and tell them.

I paid about £80 as the halls where I was working then they had an Endsleigh stall so I signed up.

Semms quite expensive online though.
love_mojitos
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
P.S Student halls already have block insurance.
love_mojitos
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Sorry for third post. The Saxon insurance is cheap as you are barely covered - £500 for each person belongings so no good for a very expensive plasma TV.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1377)
79.5%
Leave (355)
20.5%

Watched Threads