Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    vc

ReputationRep:
    hi!
    I haven't received anything yet too.

My first choice? North Towers!

ReputationRep:
    i've heard nothing yet also...i sent an e-mail on the 22nd asking what was happening with my application and they said everything was fine and i'd get a reply within the next few weeks so i'm still waiting but i am a little annoyed since essex was my firm and i filled the form in on the day it went up...

i think it may be the fact that i said i was a smoker that it is taking longer...want to be in the towers but south courts won't be too bad as well...

ReputationRep:
    It's really beginning to annoy me now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinson999)
    dose this mean we not got are 1st choice
    i hope not or else i will be really p***** off...i accepted essex as my firm back in february and completed my form on the day it came online...i thought the university gives preference to those who essex as their firm choice before july...

ReputationRep:
    i know i done the same as you, i look in another theard, and by the looks of it some one who fill there form few days ago, have go in to one of the towers,
    thhis is really starting to take the piss
    i e-mailed the accommodation department and they said everything was in order and i would get an e-mail soon telling me where i'll be staying but so far nothing...i suppose you could always ring them and get an answer but i'll wait for a day or two and then ring them but i am surprised how quick some people have been allocated places...

ReputationRep:
    what you say in the email, cos well i may have to send one
    this is exactly what i wrote...

UCAS Number -
    Degree Course - BA Economics (L100)

Hi I have recently applied to and have chosen the
    University of Essex as my firm choice for the degree course mentioned
    above. I have met my offer and applied for accommodation on the
    04/07/2007. However, I have not been contacted by the accommodation
    department since regarding a decision as to where I will be staying
    for the academic year 2007-2008. Please could you reply back ASAP with
    any more information regarding this matter. Thanks for your time.

they got back the next day but only told me that i would be contacted soon and that was about 10 days ago...

ReputationRep:
    lol takes the piss a bit really, that they not got back
    at first i though be alphabet order, but its not lol
    yeah same here but it seems that they are picking names out of a hat..p*** take to be honest but as long as i get into the towers i will not complain...

lol, i keep checking my mail and hoping i've got an e-mail...nothing so far...

ReputationRep:
    i really wouldn't freak out. It's such a busy time, if you applied before clearing you will most likely get your first choice, they're probably just pushing through clearing places to get rid of a back log. You've more than likely already been allocated a place but they've just not sent out your info yet. Hold tight!

ReputationRep:
    finally got it....i'm in william morris tower, flat 2, room 13...robinson they got back to you yet, you should get it today...

ReputationRep:
    If I don't hear anything today this is going to feel like the longest weekend of my life.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 31, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.