What are you listening to 20 years from now?

Watch
Martian872
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w34vnz_LEX4

I know sounds facetious, and yeah there's already a thread about what you are listening to right now, but what do you think you will be listening to in 20 years?

Incidentally I am 44 going on 12 though mentally, and if I was asked the question what I would be listening to 20 years later, I would of said some sort of Heavy Metal stuff. As it turns out despite my hardcore metal roots I am listening to Howard Jones.
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The same stuff I'm listening to now, probably. Genre-wise, at least. Probably would've expanded the amount of bands I listen to, but I do that anyway.
Martian872
Rep:
?
I doubt it, I thought I would spend my life listening to Heavy Metal being a real metal head, but a few years later I am listening to blues, Jazz and just about anything..The Beatles, The Who.

I draw the line at pop crap generally but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRGrNDV2mKc

Although you can't lose your roots entirely: Korn: Freak on a Leash..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg

Ans Soundgarten breing me back to proper music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOFeaedv3Uc

The Hold Steady was the last band I saw, so I can still hold my head u[ amongst fellow metal heads, .although technically they are just rock not heavy metal. .

One of the best concerts I have ever seen, btw. And I've seen Black Sabbath play live.
Jimmy Carr
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A lot of older people tend to listen to the music they were listening to 20 years ago because humans love a bit of nostalgia, generally. Some older peoples taste in music also adapts with the times, while others don't like most new music and generally stick with what they know.
Martian872
Rep:
?
That is of course right, but it's not entirely true, if it were completely true for example we'd all be listening to 19th century classical music, chastising our parents for not listening to c. As it is generally we tend not to just go back 20 years, as musical influences are powerful. I know I am stretching the point, but I think we listen to x. Music does evolve like anything else although that said, whatever weird mutation spawned Jedwood needs to be expunged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lyu1KKwC74

I suppose if I were to sum it up I'd say life and music is a bitter sweet symphony.

Anyhoo Ima go up the windy stair to bedfordshire, I've been up since 6am, and I need my beayty sleep. :P
The Real Me
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i am gonna be listening to bts even though they have disbanded
TJ1997
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Britpop, 90s cheese, 60s and stuff I grew up with from the mid-late 2000s
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If I'm being real probably the exact same music as I listen to now
MaryJoG
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Can only tell you iit was Pink Floyd, Oasis, The Beatles and still do to this day and if I’m lucky for the next 20 years.
Everyone’s taste differs but most people would agree Queen, David Bowie, Eminem, & Beyonce also have lifelong standing. ❤️
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
90's, 00's and 10's music.
Especially Shania twain and mcfly.
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
V℮rsions
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hopefully Frank Ocean's 4th Studio Album (if it ever releases)
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I largely listen to the same sorts of music now that I did 20 years ago, just more of it. So I'd expect that, with slight variations if new stuff catches my ear (increasingly difficult - my exposure to music is massive and I have a large collection spanning a large amount of genres)
neal95
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Definitely Rod "The Mod" Stewart and The Walrus of Love himself, Barry White
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (152)
43.8%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.53%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.07%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (73)
21.04%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.8%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed