Are you best friends with Zacken
Trevish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by PenPineapple)
How many kids do u plan to have ??
Hmm! I didn't even plan to get married lol. Maybe 2 XD?
Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by Ammmaaaraah)
Whats your favourite food?
My favorite food is Pizza ( mainstream I know), but I do love wedding food, that is something called 7 Curry here mostly served in Hindus weddings. PS: Even muslims or christians do enjoy those food taking into account our country got various religions
(Original post by LifeIsFine)
Are you best friends with Zacken
I know he's from Mauritius however we talked only 2-3 times, so no.
username2052983
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Trevish)
My favorite food is Pizza ( mainstream I know), but I do love wedding food, that is something called 7 Curry here mostly served in Hindus weddings. PS: Even muslims or christians do enjoy those food taking into account our country got various religions
Who doesn't like pizza? Is 7 curry a platter with 7 curries on? lool I love wedding food too- it just tastes nicer compared to when you have it on a normal day.
Trevish
Rep:
?
Who doesn't like pizza? Is 7 curry a platter with 7 curries on? lool I love wedding food too- it just tastes nicer compared to when you have it on a normal day.
Not exactly platter, but we use fake banana leaves for the food( They are clean, dw and are thrown once used) and we may used tortilla-like to eat them, other alternatives or rice.

Infact, talking about wedding, my cousin got married 2 weeks ago and tourists wanted to come see which we let them come and offered them to eat and they liked it very much, one even thought that JackFruit was meat XD and loved it
username2052983
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not exactly platter, but we use fake banana leaves for the food( They are clean, dw and are thrown once used) and we may used tortilla-like to eat them, other alternatives or rice.

Infact, talking about wedding, my cousin got married 2 weeks ago and tourists wanted to come see which we let them come and offered them to eat and they liked it very much, one even thought that JackFruit was meat XD and loved it
Interesting. Im sure in india we do something similar but I may be wrong Is Mauritian culture similar to Indian culture? I would love to go to wedding which isn't Indian
Trevish
Rep:
?
Interesting. Im sure in india we do something similar but I may be wrong Is Mauritian culture similar to Indian culture? I would love to go to wedding which isn't Indian
Partly we can say.
Also Mauritian got different religions meaning different weddings type

Posted from TSR Mobile
Picture was taken in a wrong position
Attached files
username2052983
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Partly we can say.
Also Mauritian got different religions meaning different weddings type

Posted from TSR Mobile
Picture was taken in a wrong position
YUM! Is that puri (you might call it something else? Do the different religions have different wedding foods? I'm muslim Indian, but as far as I know our weddings are very similar (in terms of food and other traditions) to hindu weddings.
Carthaginian
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you live in Luton?
Trevish
Rep:
?
YUM! Is that puri (you might call it something else? Do the different religions have different wedding foods? I'm muslim Indian, but as far as I know our weddings are very similar (in terms of food and other traditions) to hindu weddings.
It's not puri but Ora/wara made with maize. Yes, muslims got biryani in wedding, hindus got 7 curry ( and non-veg items for reception), Christians got non-veg stuff..
Here not that similar between muslims and hindus... And I'm actually Marathi so it is a sort of Mauritian Marathis wedding

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2052983
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's not puri but Ora/wara made with maize. Yes, muslims got biryani in wedding, hindus got 7 curry ( and non-veg items for reception), Christians got non-veg stuff..
Here not that similar between muslims and hindus... And I'm actually Marathi so it is a sort of Mauritian Marathis wedding

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh has it got potato in it? I know what an aloo/batatka wara is It looks like puri (its my fav) Yeah we have a lot of biryani loool. Is the veg and non veg items separate? Oh cool! What lanuage do you speak then?
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
espadrilles or flip flops ?

:holmes:
Trevish
Rep:
?
Oh has it got potato in it? I know what an aloo/batatka wara is It looks like puri (its my fav) Yeah we have a lot of biryani loool. Is the veg and non veg items separate? Oh cool! What lanuage do you speak then?
Nope, not potato but I know what you are talking about, sometimes they do the one without potato. Normally on Friday(got non-veg too i think) andSaturday only it's veg but on Sunday and Monday, both veg on non-veg since it's a reception party. I speak in Mauritian Creole

(Original post by the bear)
espadrilles or flip flops ?

:holmes:
Mostly flip-flops.
Do have shoes espadrilles-like though huehue

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2324315
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can more people speak English, or French?
Trevish
Rep:
?
(Original post by george_c00per)
Can more people speak English, or French?
Yes! English is mostly used at school for teaching and it is compulsory to study French till grade 11, that is IGCSE year

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (22)
6.21%
Uncertainty around my education (38)
10.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (41)
11.58%
Lack of purpose or motivation (48)
13.56%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (18)
5.08%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (16)
4.52%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (37)
10.45%
Financial worries (25)
7.06%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (15)
4.24%
Exposure to negative news/social media (22)
6.21%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (10)
2.82%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (36)
10.17%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (26)
7.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed