94% of US and 98% of European terror attacks done by non-Muslims Watch

This discussion is closed.
BigTraderBoi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/omar-a...b_8718000.html

And yet people still blame Muslims when the vast majority of us are less likely to commit terror attacks than other groups. If the Islamophobes actually cared about stopping deaths rather than bashing Muslims they would talk about the threat of white-supremacist attacks instead!

And also, if you can blame an entire group of 1.6 billion people as terrorists, you can also label us as peacemakers since 5 of the last 12 Nobel Peace Prize winners have been Muslims.

Gives you something to think about. Love for all, hatred for none. Hope you guys all have a wonderful day.
DoritoEvie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The sad thing is that the reason why everyone believes it's always Muslims who do these attacks is because of the media and their prejudice.
Mactotaur
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Supremacist ideologies of any kind - race, religion, and so on - are to be heavily discouraged.
PenPineapple
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The irony is that 197 jews have been awarded the Nobel Prize but only 12
Muslims. And still everyone hates jews and Israel.

There are only 6 million jews in the world but muslims are 1.6 billion.

http://www.jinfo.org/Nobel_Prizes.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...obel_laureates

Posted from TSR Mobile
dumbsituation123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's because its easy for a patriotic, nationalistic chest-beater to criticise a foreign entity, rather than acknowledge the flaws of his/her own race/country.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BigTraderBoi)

And yet people still blame Muslims when the vast majority of us are less likely to commit terror attacks than other groups. If the Islamophobes actually cared about stopping deaths rather than bashing Muslims they would talk about the threat of Jewish and white-supremacist attacks instead!

And also, if you can blame an entire group of 1.6 billion people as terrorists, you can also label us as peacemakers since 5 of the last 12 Nobel Peace Prize winners have been Muslims.

Gives you something to think about. Love for all, hatred for none. Hope you guys all have a wonderful day.
I spend a large amount of time sticking up for muslims and pointing out the hysteria. Unfortunately your post and the article is not convincing. You arent accounting for the attacks which actually kill and are aimed at civilians plus all those attacks which are thwarted becayse if the efforts of the secruity forces.

Too easy to blame the media. In the UK there is very little threat from the IRA any more and the rogue groups that remain in N Ireland target security forces. That means the ovwehelming threat comes from Islamic terrorists. the only other cases i can remember of terrorism might be soemthing to do with animal rights and abortion rights, but they dont spark widespread fear as they are targeted.

I dont blame all muslims I blame the terrorists who happen to follow islam or a version of it. I will look at the 98% fugure but the kast survey that I looked at by interpol was misleading in what it defined as a terror event, that meant actual violent attacks were marginalised. It was misleading. thats where I think the 98% comes from, but will check.

Update
I note the 98% figure comes from 1980-2005
I note the EU figure comes from 2013.

If anyone is interested in the up to date figures which include the recent attacks on France , then you can look at the latest Europol report for 2015, which was produced this year. there are two major terrist clusters the first in Spain (ETA seperatists) and the second in Greece (left wing) they are localised almsot always non fatal and they are only of local concern. The rest is mostly Kihadist terrorism.

https://www.europol.europa.eu/sites/...tesat_2016.pdf
I will go through the report later, but what annoys me isthe stats used in the OPs article are out of date and misleading. Jihadist terrorism poses a very real threat and to suggest otherwise or blame the media is an insult.

In the scheme of things though everyone is many times more likely to be involved in a traffic accident than a terrorist incident.
RabbitCFH
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
1. The article is from 2015 and is based on not up-to-date data (2013). Since 2013 islamists have increased their death toll a fair bit, don't you agree?
2. It's Huffington Post.
xbiostudentx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PenPineapple)
There are only 6 million jews in the world
Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you retarded?
allnewmaterials
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Terrorism is, according to the oxford dictionary, 'The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims'. A gang shooting is not for political aims, a school shooting is not for political aims. Killing civilians to establish a Caliphate or implement Sharia law is a political aim.
Palmyra
Badges: 17
Report 2 years ago
We must stop non-Muslim immigration immediately.

Every PM/President that has allowed non-Muslim immigration has blood on their hands.
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

And yet people still blame Muslims when the vast majority of us are less likely to commit terror attacks than other groups. If the Islamophobes actually cared about stopping deaths rather than bashing Muslims they would talk about the threat of Jewish and white-supremacist attacks instead!

Although I do agree with you on the whole, I have two gripes with the post:

1.) why have you singled out Jews in particular? That was perhaps a bad decision to make, as someone of Jewish heritage myself that just reinforces the stereotype that muslims
are anti-Semitic.

2.) Huffington Post is well known as a sensationalist rag and is not a particularly reliable source.
PenPineapple
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by allnewmaterials)
Terrorism is, according to the oxford dictionary, 'The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims'. A gang shooting is not for political aims, a school shooting is not for political aims. Killing civilians to establish a Caliphate or implement Sharia law is a political aim.
This

Posted from TSR Mobile
Life Is Plastic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yet every time you hear of an event. A muslim comes out as doing it....
MildredMalone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When things like graffiti are counted as terrorism, I wouldn't take such statistics seriously.
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Oh dear, we shouldn't let statistics and facts get in the way of a good bit of racism now, should we?
DetectivePeralta
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

This is very thought provoking, actually. I didn't know it was so low.
BigTraderBoi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Connor27)
Although I do agree with you on the whole, I have two gripes with the post:

1.) why have you singled out Jews in particular? That was perhaps a bad decision to make, as someone of Jewish heritage myself that just reinforces the stereotype that muslims
are anti-Semitic.

2.) Huffington Post is well known as a sensationalist rag and is not a particularly reliable source.
Sorry I will remove the part about Jewish people. I am not anti-Semitic and I know that the vast majority of Jews (99.999%) are very good, peaceful people.
BigTraderBoi
Rep:
?
(Original post by RabbitCFH)
1. The article is from 2015 and is based on not up-to-date data (2013). Since 2013 islamists have increased their death toll a fair bit, don't you agree?
2. It's Huffington Post.
So have non-Muslim extremists. The point I was trying to make was that Muslims are unfairly targeted for anti-terrorism policies and there is a lot of connections being made between Muslims and terrorism when it couldn't be further from the truth.
troubadour.
Badges: 18
Report 2 years ago
And yet people still blame Muslims

And also, if you can blame an entire group of 1.6 billion people as terrorists
Who is 'people?' Outside of groups like the EDL, almost nobody blames all Muslims for terror attacks. It's remarkable that you make a point against a foolish generalisation by making one yourself.

you can also label us as peacemakers since 5 of the last 12 Nobel Peace Prize winners have been Muslims.
Nobel prizes mean almost nothing on this subject, and that goes both ways, e.g. Richard Dawkins's tweet using a similar reasoning for the opposite conclusion was fallacious on many counts.

The peace prize especially is of no value - Henry Kissinger has one, for Christ's sake, as do a number of others who've done nothing directly related to peace.

Hope you guys all have a wonderful day.
And the same to you.
BigTraderBoi
Rep:
?
(Original post by MildredMalone)
When things like graffiti are counted as terrorism, I wouldn't take such statistics seriously.
If it creates terror, it is terrorism. But don't let facts get in the way of your Islamophobia...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (239)
39.31%
No - but I will (41)
6.74%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (283)
46.55%

Watched Threads