Turn on thread page Beta

Imperial and UCL and LSE to merge watch

ReputationRep:
    In October 2002, Imperial College and University College London (UCL) announced their intention to merge, however after protests by UCL staff, the merger was called off in November 2002.

Periodically rumours surface about a possible merger with the London School of Economics. Whilst the two institutions have often conducted joint ventures, there has been no significant progress toward a merger.
    What do u think about if Imperial merge with UCL or LSE? I am sure if that hapens it will be the top uni in the UK and perhaps the whole world...

ReputationRep:
    yes i think it would, but unless they were still going to take the same number of students ie, in theory it should be 3 times as many. Otherwise that will be another 2 top universities that students wouldnt be able to apply for, as three have become one.
    To be honest, i think they should stay seperate, it will motivate them more to achieve greater things.

(Original post by integral_neo)
    What do u think about if Imperial merge with UCL or LSE? I am sure if that hapens it will be the top uni in the UK and perhaps the whole world...
    No way should Imperial merge with LSE - too many geeks in Imperial. And UCL is the shitbucket of UK academia - best to close it down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggles)
    No way should Imperial merge with LSE - too many geeks in Imperial. And UCL is the shitbucket of UK academia - best to close it down.
    Hehehe....Gnostic is back with a vengeance!

G

ReputationRep:
    i beg your pardon .. u must be from LSE then... wots the point of making these comments..

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they should merge, the three institutions have a completely different environment. I still think the LSE and ICL would remain stronger in their respective fields in their current state.

(Original post by Mysticmin)
    I don't think they should merge, the three institutions have a completely different environment. I still think the LSE and ICL would remain stronger in their respective fields in their current state.
    Though it would be nice to have you at LSE.

ReputationRep:
    Though it would be nice to have you at LSE.
    Hello gnostic.

ReputationRep:
    Hello gnostic.
    Haha..looks like you're in there!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)

G
    Shut up Geoff

G
    Just working my way in there

ReputationRep:
    Shut up Geoff
    Now now Min....you've obviously worked your magic on him...

G

ReputationRep:
    Just working my way in there
    *Whispers* I think it's working!!!!!!!!!!! Go for it!!!!*whispers*

G

ReputationRep:
    Now now Min....you've obviously worked your magic on him...

G
    One rumour causing post about gzftan coming up...

*Whispers* I think it's working!!!!!!!!!!! Go for it!!!!*whispers*

G
    I think mysticmin has better taste than to be interested in I

ReputationRep:
    One rumour causing post about gzftan coming up...
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Ok....i'll stop!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    I think mysticmin has better taste than to be interested in I
    I dont have ESP gnostic, i don't actually know what you're like so I couldn't possibly be interested.

I dont have ESP gnostic, i don't actually know what you're like so I couldn't possibly be interested.
    ooooooo - perhaps you would be better off at Imperial after all

Bloke A: "Hi Mysticismin, would you like to play chess* with me? I'm quite intelligent."

Mysticmin: "I dont know the capacity of the neurons in your brain so how can I believe you?"

*Apparently at Imperial the chess room is where many young nerd Imperial couples date.

ReputationRep:
    *Apparently at Imperial the chess room is where many young nerd Imperial couples date.
    Chess eh....i'll tell my sister to beware of the chess club then!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    ooooooo - perhaps you would be better off at Imperial after all

Bloke A: "Hi Mysticismin, would you like to play chess* with me? I'm quite intelligent."

Mysticmin: "I dont know the capacity of the neurons in your brain so how can I believe you?"

Lol, I didn't mean that and you know it.

I don't play chess thank you very much

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.