Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, you might remember me from last time, units 1, 2 & 3!

well okay, this year im being asked by my teacher to do all my exams in jan, so i have to go through the whole course -.- boring and long i know. However i dont wanna go it alone i was wondering if anyone wanted to start like a master class type thing we had for the case study last year, hopefully RJA and stuff will come help out. Any one itnerested? not sure what the format will be but im just checking we'll have enough demand =P

im just planning on going though unit by unit and hopefully help a few people get some good grades this year =P

anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't here last year but I am planning to take all the A2 modules in Jan too so I'd be happy to join in.

ReputationRep:
    i found the notes very useful last year but discovered them too late for them to be implemented properly into my revision.

ReputationRep:
    alright sweet well dont its a good thing you found this post in september =P

i havent started college yet .... so yea wait till monday then il start putting things up =]

anyone doing resits? im sure i can throw in some stuff for helping people with the case study =D

ReputationRep:
    yoo, well, resits im not sure

Overall i got an A for my AS. Unit 1 - 77/90, Unit 2 - 86/90, Unit 3 - 103/120

I'm not sure whether to resit either Unit 1 or Unit 3???? I'm thinking that I could gain another 10 marks or so. But then again it may be too much effort.

ReputationRep:
    Chaoslord, are you gonna do the coursework or the exam?

ReputationRep:
    Overall i got a c for my AS. Unit 1 - 52/90, Unit 2 - 68/90, Unit 3 - 94/120

i talked to my teacher today and i should be retaking unit 1 in january, along with unit 4.

going to work a lot harder this year to boost my grades, as i let them slip last time.

ReputationRep:
    i was planning on covering both, any questions with coursework im happy to help with (though i dont recommend posting your c/w on the internet, little kids will steal it!)

college starts on monday =] so my first post will be the first chapter of unit 4, im planning on compiling a full revision guide, like post by post - which by january i will put all into a word file and give everyone to help them with their revision, any questions on topics your teachers have taught would be a great help, that way we can understand the cyllabus from all angles

unfortunatly i wont be able to cover all aspects of units 1, 2 and 3. as i may not have time with my current work load =]

get ready guys..... monday is almost here xD

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Why have you been asked do to all Units in Jan???

I know I am definitely doing Unit 4, and probably Unit 5 as well. So I'd be happy to open another cramming thread nearer the time :p:

Just a snippet of what I've started already in Unit 4:

Marketing: The first couple of chapters are really simple. Reviewing the marketing model. A bit of waffle about scientific vs hunch decision making, and a bit of GCSE level Statistics (correlation and extrapolation). I think we are doing Ansoff's matrix next (you are probably aware of that already). The spec shows very little detail about this part of the course, but seeing as Marketing is a favourite of mine, it should be more interesting than it looks.

Finance: If you've done GCSE, this will be familiar, but probably a bit rusty. If you haven't done GCSE, then it will be rather difficult to grasp at first. Basically, we started off by constructing P&L Accounts and Balance Sheets from scratch. We've just covered depreciation now. The spec looks REALLY interesting for this, so I'm looking forward to it alot.

I will definitely be doing some detailed notes for Unit 4 Finance, so keep reminding me about it :p: Since this forum got hidden away from the main page I always forget about it :rolleyes:

Also Chaoslord, do you want to try the AEA in the summer?

ReputationRep:
    yayyy im so glad i discovered this todayyy LOL, it should be alot of help in preparation as i start school again tomorrow.. discoverd last thread which was wickedd abit late but nevertheless crammed my brain with a lot of it
    i missed an a by 2 marks so im remarking paper.. i jus hope my marks don't go down. also we nt doing cw, just exams.. xXx

ReputationRep:
    after seeing last summers notes count me in !!

ReputationRep:
    I have made a thread if anyone wants to contribute.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=455066

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 14, 2007

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.