Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    lol know this is odd but I have a playstation (ps2) I never use becuase I only have the sims game is anyone bringing any games to uni?

ReputationRep:
    I'm bringing a gaming laptop or building a SFF PC and bringing that for entertainment. Not really into consoles anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Im not taking my PS2 to uni - partly 'cos im not taking my telly lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lodzinski)
    Im not taking my PS2 to uni - partly 'cos im not taking my telly lol.
    haha the same reason why i'm not bringing my PS2 :p: , i'll probably bring my DS though

ReputationRep:
    no tv???? why?

ReputationRep:
    i dont want to pay tv licence, otherwise i would, i'm gonna miss neighbours :'(

ReputationRep:
    You can have a tv and not tune it in, but play games and dvd's on it. Thats perfectly legal.

ReputationRep:
    hmm you're right, though i dont think my brother will let me bring my PS2 anyway:P, he plays on it more than i do...as for DVDs and stuff i can watch that on my laptop

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna watch TV + films on my laptop - easier to get around not paying TV license that way, plus less stuff to move.

ReputationRep:
    hmm how likely is it that they'll actually check if you have a tv license anyway? Cus I was thinking of just not bothering with one...

ReputationRep:
    well i dont know how likely it is, but i've definately heard of people getting caught at uni, so i wouldnt advise not bothering. but someone told me that if they were to check they have to let you know one week in advance before they check, so you'll have time to hide your tv :P...but still i wouldnt risk it

ReputationRep:
    aint getting one and I dont know how to do wireless on my laptop complete newbie at this kind of stuff and I know noone to teach me:confused:
    ...still no tv license.

ReputationRep:
    You would need a TV licence to watch tv on a laptop with a tuner anyway. I think not having a ps2 is not a problem, theres plenty to do regardless!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chiba_Revolution)
    aint getting one and I dont know how to do wireless on my laptop complete newbie at this kind of stuff and I know noone to teach me:confused:
    ...still no tv license.
    Ha same here, I'm hoping I live with someone who does computer science or something who can help me out :p:

ReputationRep:
    lol I wonder what my neighbours would be like....probably living next to a weirdo who does secret riturals and on my right a guy that never sleeps....oh...am paranoid now do we get locks on our doors? whats the security like INSIDE student accomdation houses?
    Sunday why couldn't you live in stafford?

ReputationRep:
    Yes there are locks, all rooms are keyed. Security is usually good, providing you shut the front door. Moreover, the campus is covered by blanket CCTV, which may be comforting or concerning.

ReputationRep:
    Yay! still in denial about going to uni though......

ReputationRep:
    Just a heads up incase anyone is gonna take their TV without a license - they did come around to check each flat last year so be careful!!! (and they didn't gove us any warning either)

ReputationRep:
    yeesh thats scary!

ReputationRep:
    Think my new plan now is to not take a tv up for the first term, then if I've really missed it I'll take it up christmas time and pay the monthly tv license thing

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.