Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone

I originally applied to study Dietetics whilst I was completing my Access Science certificate in 2005/2006. I was offered places at a 4 uni’s including my first choice, Nottingham. Unfortunately, I had some personal problems and had to decline my places as at the time it didn’t seem that I would be able to go to university at all.

Anyway, I’ve had a change in circumstances and am now going to apply again for 2008 entry (hoping for Nottingham again!). My worry really is whether my application is likely to be ‘written off’ as I have turned down a place before?!

I have been working in a health care setting since (firstly in a residential home and I currently work as a medical secretary for a consultant) so was hoping this should make my application stronger if anything. Has anyone been in a similar situation?!

Many thanks in advance!

Lindsey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LindseyR)
    Hi Everyone

I originally applied to study Dietetics whilst I was completing my Access Science certificate in 2005/2006. I was offered places at a 4 uni’s including my first choice, Nottingham. Unfortunately, I had some personal problems and had to decline my places as at the time it didn’t seem that I would be able to go to university at all.

Anyway, I’ve had a change in circumstances and am now going to apply again for 2008 entry (hoping for Nottingham again!). My worry really is whether my application is likely to be ‘written off’ as I have turned down a place before?!

I have been working in a health care setting since (firstly in a residential home and I currently work as a medical secretary for a consultant) so was hoping this should make my application stronger if anything. Has anyone been in a similar situation?!

Many thanks in advance!

Lindsey
    nope, should make no difference if you've applied before and you turned them down. If you'd applied and being rejected that might be different, but you should be ok If you're that worried then just give the admissions tutor a casll and explain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackieS)
    nope, should make no difference if you've applied before and you turned them down. If you'd applied and being rejected that might be different, but you should be ok If you're that worried then just give the admissions tutor a casll and explain
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replies - as advice of course! I've got my UCAS form done and ready to send off so will give the admissions tutor a call next week i think

ReputationRep:
    I hope it all goes well for you.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Your welcome! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I've applied to Dietetics at Nottingham but I was just wondering Lindsey, did you get an interview first before recieving an offer? sorry if this is a bit random

thanks x x

ReputationRep:
    Hi wackodude90,

The first time i applied i was invited to interview and then offered a place shortly after this. This year I received a letter asking me to complete an online questionnaire from which they then decide who to interview so seems they have added another step to the process this time around.

Hope this helps

Lindsey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LindseyR)
    Hi wackodude90,

The first time i applied i was invited to interview and then offered a place shortly after this. This year I received a letter asking me to complete an online questionnaire from which they then decide who to interview so seems they have added another step to the process this time around.

Hope this helps

Lindsey
    Same, have you completed your questionnaire yet? Its taking me ages

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 25, 2008

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.