Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    London is said to be the most haunted capital in the world and Britain the most haunted country in the world. The story is that the tower of London is the most haunted building in the world. There again like Hampton Court.
    Have you heard of any bizarre stores of the haunting London? Do you know any of its mysteries? I picked up part of a passage from Discovery. Here it is:
    Patrolling the palace after dack. Franklin has had some unsetting experience…Times when he’s felt the company of others. He says, “We’re trained security guards and we know when a sound or sensation doesn’t belong because that’s our job. The sound of footsteps going across a carpted floor makes a certain noise, as does an uncarpeted floor. When you hear that uncarpeted sound on a carpet as some of my colleagues have done you take that with a little more than a pinch of salt. There are too many reliable witeness to just totally disregard it. You don’t have to put a label on it to make it valid. The fact is that things do happen. My own personal experience happened quite close to the great hall in fact. My fingers in my left hand became cold and gradually that cold crept up through my fingers into my arm and by that time the hair was standing up on end and I didn’t feel particularly comfortable. It was suggested to me that perhaps sth was draining the energy from me through my arm. If someone can give me an explanation, I’d like to hear it.” Ghosthunter Robert Snow could be just the man. He said,”90% of haunting can be explained through careful invertigation but it’s the odd 10% that interest me. It’s just possible that this gallery, people fainting here, falls into that 10%.”

Your experiences, feelings and ideas about such stories are warmly welcome.

ReputationRep:
    He felt cold and that means something was draining the energy from him? Yeah.. we call that heat transfer. Hardly supernatural.

ReputationRep:
    If ghosts have enough presence to make themselves 'felt' on your skin, then surely they'd be forced to walk on the carpeted floor provided? Or do they float around tapping stilettos on planks of wood?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thelfo)
    If ghosts have enough presence to make themselves 'felt' on your skin, then surely they'd be forced to walk on the carpeted floor provided? Or do they float around tapping stilettos on planks of wood?
    A theory is that the floor was uncarpeted when they were alive. Like when people see ghosts walk up where there are no stairs, but a staircase was once there.

ReputationRep:
    Who you gonna call?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airel)
    A theory is that the floor was uncarpeted when they were alive. Like when people see ghosts walk up where there are no stairs, but a staircase was once there.
    Sounds like a pretty lame afterlife.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thelfo)
    Sounds like a pretty lame afterlife.
    Maybe we're the ghosts.
    DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

This thread continues....
    Right now!

ReputationRep:
    *Dramatic silence*

ReputationRep:
    *Scene of a lab, 2 characters are examining petra dishes*

Lab Guy 1: My god......what is this?
    Lab Guy 2: idk by bff jill?

ReputationRep:
    The Story is Continuing
    The following is another excerpt from the book DiscoverySee if you're interested)
    So what is it like to witness a ghost? Nick Brimley's close encounter came while working here as company manager in 1987. He says, 'As I stood here, I was watching the stage like this. I was suddenly pushed violently out of the way like that...knocked out of the way by his hand. I spun round thinking it was someone playing a joke but the wing was completely empty.' Bromley had had a brush with Dan Leno. Leno was a well-loved performer who at the height of his fame, he beat Charlie Chaplin to become world champion clog dancer. He was later renowned as 'the kind of pantomime dames.' Nick Bromley says, "Two nights later the actresses were waiting in the wings, at various parts of it to go onstage for their scene and one was standing exactly screamed but there was no one there. Our theory is that Dan who was a bit of a ladies' man, would knock a man out of the way if he was blocking his entrance but would just give the lady a bit of a tweak to move her aside." Leno died tragically at the age of 44, collasping with a brain tumor. He had been plagued all his life by ill health and often used lavender water to mask the smell of his incontinence. Today at the Theatre Royal he is not only felt, but smelt. Nick Bromley says, "People began to tell stories of smelling the lavender. It would come in waves, waves of this strong scent would assail certain parts of the wing. I've smelt it just behind where you are standing and also in the company office which he used as a quick change room, and this smell would suddenly come from nowhere."

ReputationRep:
    By the way, have you heard of this kind of things? I think you should have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airel)
    Maybe we're the ghosts.
    DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

This thread continues....
    Right now!
    Spooky lol

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.