The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele Medicine Interview 2017

How are people prepare for the Maths test as there is only one practice paper on the website?
Reply 1
I have been invited to an interview at keele and I'm wondering if anyone has any information about each section of the MMI who's already done it? I can't find any information and so I have no idea how to best prepare for each individual section.
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Original post by Rubavani
How are people prepare for the Maths test as there is only one practice paper on the website?

My mum's a maths teacher so i'm going to get her to write me some more, for the time being it's all I can do.
Original post by delfino
I have been invited to an interview at keele and I'm wondering if anyone has any information about each section of the MMI who's already done it? I can't find any information and so I have no idea how to best prepare for each individual section.

Hi there!

Keele state that they assess the following in their MMIs:

Motivation/experiences informing your decision to pursue a medical career

Empathy and Insight

Responsibilities and challenges of being a doctor

Ethical awareness

Resilience

Comprehension

Effective communication

They have eleven 5-minute stations plus one 5-minute rest, and use role-play, scenario-based discussion and exploration of work experience, so, going by the above stations, you could potentially expect to be asked 'Why Medicine?', asked about the challenges facing doctors today, or perhaps be given an ethical scenario or role play.

For stations on empathy, ethical awareness and resilience, you could try reading our pages on MMI Role Play, MMI Medical Ethics and MMI Giving Instructions. For stations on the challenges of being a doctor, make sure you're up to date with NHS Hot Topics.

Something else to remember for Keele MMIs is that you'll need to complete a calculation test - you might find it useful to read our blogs on calculation:

- MMI Stations: Data Interpretation and Calculation
- How To Do Drug Calculations

Hope this helps! Good luck!
The Medic Portal
Original post by Rubavani

Hi there!

You might find it useful to read our blogs on calculation - they have some sample questions on there, as well as tips on how to prepare for questions on drug dosages, which you might encounter in the maths paper.

- MMI Stations: Data Interpretation and Calculation
- How To Do Drug Calculations

Try also practising your mental maths, or looking at GCSE/A-Level past papers to familiarise yourself with maths papers if you're still struggling.

Hope that helps! :smile:
The Medic Portal
How didi it go? what type of questions where they? I have an interview there in a couple of weeks so would appreciate your reply

Quick Reply

Latest