Bethany_E
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Every holiday I say okay, I'll actually revise, I'll learn the whole science pec and I'll be a pro at English essay's by the time I come back. That never happens...
This holiday though I really think I'll make more than the usual effort seeing as when I get back school will probably become more of a living nightmare than it already is.
Bethany_E
Rep:
?
I'm the last year to do A* - U GCSE's but the first to do the 1-9 GCSE's in English and Maths.

Spoiler:
Show

My predicted grades are 12 A*'s and 2 8's (equivalent to A*/A**)

I've had one set of mocks but I was slipping in some subjects because of concentrating on others more so with my second mocks in Feburary I'm hoping to achieve all those predicted grades and make sure everything is balanced.
I am a bit worried though because it was my last day on Wednesday and I've left my Textiles book somewhere in school, that's 2 years of cousework and if I don't find it I'll probably drop the subject because I cannot and will not redo all of that coursework again.
I'll just see what happens I guess
Moltenmo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bethany_E)
I'm the last year to do A* - U GCSE's but the first to do the 1-9 GCSE's in English and Maths.

Spoiler:
Show

I've had one set of mocks but I was slipping in some subjects because of concentrating on others more so with my second mocks in Feburary I'm hoping to achieve all those predicted grades and make sure everything is balanced.
I am a bit worried though because it was my last day on Wednesday and I've left my Textiles book somewhere in school, that's 2 years of cousework and if I don't find it I'll probably drop the subject because I cannot and will not redo all of that coursework again.
Was this set by your school or predicted by your teachers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bethany_E
Rep:
?
Teachers
Target grades for English and Math are 9's which r kind of imposible😕
Moltenmo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Teachers
Target grades for English and Math are 9's which r kind of imposible😕
I am confused, do you have both target and predicted grades?
Bethany_E
Rep:
?
Yeah. 😅
Target is based on SAT's from yr 6 but predicted is from your teachers predictions
brainzistheword
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Spoiler:
Show

Those are amazing grades and I'm sure you will get them! I did my GCSEs this year, so if there is anything you need help with, let me know and I'll see what I can do! I did a GYG thread for my GCSEs and I've got another one for this year (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4233122) and you might find them useful.

What subjects do you do by the way?
Bethany_E
Rep:
?
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Those are amazing grades and I'm sure you will get them! I did my GCSEs this year, so if there is anything you need help with, let me know and I'll see what I can do! I did a GYG thread for my GCSEs and I've got another one for this year (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4233122) and you might find them useful.

What subjects do you do by the way?
Thank you!
Math
English Lit
English language
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
French
Geography
Citizenship
RE
Statistics
Textiles
Engineering
ICT

I did 3 of them last year though, so I've done all of Chemistry, Stats and RE🙂
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you!
Math
English Lit
English language
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
French
Geography
Citizenship
RE
Statistics
Textiles
Engineering
ICT

I did 3 of them last year though, so I've done all of Chemistry, Stats and RE🙂
No problem! Wow that's a lot of subjects, my school only let us do 9 and a few of us got to do ICT as an extra! I did the three sciences, maths, both English, German, geography, history and ICT so a few of them overlap with yours. Like I said, if you need help let me know, and I'll be following your progress
Bethany_E
Rep:
?
Thanks, I'll probably need a lot of help! My school makes most things compulsory 😕 Hence the 14 subjects...
I looked at your thread and I saw that you are self teaching yourself A Level math, further math, physics and chem. I have chosen Physics, Math, Further Math, Textiles and maybe an AS in French, so I'll need to make sure I get good grades like you did😄
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks, I'll probably need a lot of help! My school makes most things compulsory 😕 Hence the 14 subjects...
I looked at your thread and I saw that you are self teaching yourself A Level math, further math, physics and chem. I have chosen Physics, Math, Further Math, Textiles and maybe an AS in French, so I'll need to make sure I get good grades like you did😄
With the predictions you've been given, it sounds like you've been doing amazingly well already!

Yes I have to emphasise the "trying" to self teach It's not really got going yet, but hopefully the new year will change that! Those are really good subject choices - what sort of career are you looking at (if you've thought that far ahead yet)?
Bethany_E
Rep:
?
😅 I'm sure you'll do fine. I used to have a clear idea but not anymore, I used to want to do architecture until I realised on work experience in September that it takes 10 years to qualify fully😕 So then it was tailoring - its still in question but seems a bit impractical, so mainly I'm leaning towards interior design. 😅
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
😅 I'm sure you'll do fine. I used to have a clear idea but not anymore, I used to want to do architecture until I realised on work experience in September that it takes 10 years to qualify fully😕 So then it was tailoring - its still in question but seems a bit impractical, so mainly I'm leaning towards interior design. 😅
Thank you I know what you mean - I went through all sorts of ideas when I was trying to decide and because of this, I was going to choose A-levels that didn't narrow my choices too much, so the sciences and maths left many doors open, and I can see your choices will do the same Whatever you choose to go into, I'm sure you'll be great
Bethany_E
Rep:
?
Thanks! I'm sure you'll do great too! Hopefully I'll be able to do it😅
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks! I'm sure you'll do great too! Hopefully I'll be able to do it😅
Thanks too! I'm sure you will
Bethany_E
Rep:
?
So last year I took 6 exams - statistics, 2 RE papers and 3 Chemistry papers. One teacher in the science department gave me these flash cards for chemistry and I was able to memerise all of them, for once I felt comfortable and prepared going into the exam. Usually I just write out pages out of revision books over and over but these flash cards really helped. Recently when trying to revise for the next 6 physics and bio exams I remembered them and after a lot of searching I found the website:

I think going theough these really help, for me anyway, because it gives you a review of everything and in the style you need to answer exam questions.
Today though I'm planning to finish the portfolio work for my engineering GCSE which is due next Thursday, it unfortunately will take around 2 hours minimum.
username2931236
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey! Great predicted grades, I hope you find your textiles coursework! I have made a GCSE GYG blog too and will be watching this thread to help motivate myself haha
Bethany_E
Rep:
?
(Original post by misstiah_h)
Hey! Great predicted grades, I hope you find your textiles coursework! I have made a GCSE GYG blog too and will be watching this thread to help motivate myself haha
Thanks😅😅
I'll try and check urs out too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.71%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
20%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
11.43%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.57%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
31.43%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
22.86%

Watched Threads