JamesD89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Term dates are on the website at http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/...tion/termdates but is there a half term between 29th Sept and 14th Dec?

If so, any idea what date?
Horrorshow
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't think there is any half term.
flexiblefish
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
sorry guys welcome to big school.

nope just christmas easter and summer, but hay you do get huuuuuuuuuuuuge summer break
Horrorshow
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
And by the looks of it the easter break is huge too, especially compared to the xmas break.
Markos258
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
about the easter break... u are allowed to go somewhere right? xd... i mean, as in back to your country... (talking about me here)

im asking coz the language exams are from the 20th to 27th march when the term ends on the 19th...

also, accommodation contracts are for 38 weeks but there are only 31 weeks...
JamesD89
Rep:
?
(Original post by flexiblefish)
sorry guys welcome to big school.

nope just christmas easter and summer, but hay you do get huuuuuuuuuuuuge summer break
Makes sense when looking at the length of the term, but I know a few people who had breaks in the middle of term at other uni's last year, so wasn't sure how it was at IC.

At any rate I needed to know because my driving test is at the end of October and was hoping it might have coincided. Never mind :rolleyes: .
Flopifloor
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think we should be happy, my friends in Belgium don't have holidays at all! They only have study leaves and they have exams right after so it's not really a holiday...
Wineblood
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
A week at uni is easier than at school, you don't really need a half term.
cjsk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Beh... I'd prefer having half term breaks and longer Christmas and Easter breaks than one looooong summer holiday. I get so bored by the end of summer, especially since my friends are all going to uni in different countries, so we probably will only have maybe 2 months when we're all together...

Then again, I guess it's better for exams if termtime isn't so spread out..
Babyangel452
Report 12 years ago
Lol, imperial doesnt DO reading week (what universities call half term) ... But its all good... you get about a month for xmas and easter, and like 4-5 months for summer (wow I hear u gasp...)

... This year they seem to be taking the piss with this whole come back by the 3rd of Jan nonsense... it tends to be first years that have tests and exams during this period tho...

... Easter holdays are really just study leave, cos for my course at least, the summer exams started on the first day back... tho I know a couple of other courses got a few weeks of teaching time before they had their exams...

... since my exams were so early, I have close to 5mnths for hols, tho some may have more like 4... IC works you hard, but they do let u have your summer to catch up on all the sleep you may have missed trying to balance a social life and uni life...

You get accomodation during all hols (except summer... tho you can still pay to stay then...), so you can stay in hols if you dont feel like travelling to wherever home may be... you also get a couple of weeks after exams in summer to pack up before they then kick you out...
JamesD89
Rep:
?
Next question then, does anyone know how I can find my timetable before I start in October? Or even if it's common to have lectures or anything of the like on a Friday morning?
Babyangel452
Report 12 years ago
of course its common to have lectures on a friday morning! heck... its common to have it every morning... tho they're nicer on mondays with most giving you a 10 o'clock start instead of 9!

... what course you do? Each department shoudl have the timetable out on its own site at the moment... but I can only speak for mine...comp sci...which does...
Alexthepenguin
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
no you dont have half term
Mehh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Babyangel452)
Lol, imperial doesnt DO reading week (what universities call half term) ... But its all good... you get about a month for xmas and easter, and like 4-5 months for summer (wow I hear u gasp...)
REAL parts of Imperial don't have reading week.
If you got into RSM then congrats.
Babyangel452
Report 12 years ago
^^ Royal School of Mines??

... the geology folks?
JamesD89
Rep:
?
Each department shoudl have the timetable out on its own site at the moment... but I can only speak for mine...comp sci...which does...
It does, however you need your username and password to access it.
Babyangel452
Report 12 years ago
whats course are you ging into.. I think I can log into any imperial dept with my password. I'll check for you if you want.
JamesD89
Rep:
?
whats course are you ging into.. I think I can log into any imperial dept with my password. I'll check for you if you want.
http://www.imperial.ac.uk/physics/

Much appreciated if it works.
sfxdude
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mehh)
REAL parts of Imperial don't have reading week.
If you got into RSM then congrats.
Woo
fais
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by JamesD89)
http://www.imperial.ac.uk/physics/

Much appreciated if it works.
Just checked for you. It hasn't been updated yet; still has the 2006-2007 timetables up as well as the final exam timetables.

I'm not sure how different the timetables are though from year to year, so maybe you can find some use in last year's? Either way, shouldn't be too long before they update the site.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Jun '20
    Thu, 25 Jun '20
    Sat, 19 Sep '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.52%
No I haven't decided yet (57)
22.62%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.86%

Watched Threads