The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Computing 2017 Online Admissions Test - Imperial College

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I took the test on January 12th and got an skype Interview offer this morning! :smile:

The interview will be on Feb. 1.

FYI I was predicted 42/45 with 776 in Math Physics and Econ HL respectively.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 81
Original post by spark99
I took the test on January 12th and got an skype Interview offer this morning! :smile:

The interview will be on Feb. 1.

FYI I was predicted 42/45 with 776 in Math Physics and Econ HL respectively.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which means it takes around 2 weeks to get notification of an interview after the test! Good luck spark99!
Reply 82
Original post by IBDPkid
hey congratulations :smile:
Could I know how you did for your 12th grade final exams (A-levels/IB/???) ? And how the test went for you?

I'm still in grade 12.
The test went good!!:smile:
Reply 83
Original post by deerfung
Which means it takes around 2 weeks to get notification of an interview after the test! Good luck spark99!

I think it depends on the person :smile:
I remember someone getting it a few days after taking the test.

Good luck deerfung!
Original post by hala.madrid2
Same the wait is killing me. It's the reason I wake up at 6am in the morning haha

I end up checking my mail almost 5 times a day hahaha
hey can someone please tell me the questions which were asked in this online test?
like what type of integrals or programming based questions or whatsoever..
Original post by z.human.98
hey can someone please tell me the questions which were asked in this online test?
like what type of integrals or programming based questions or whatsoever..

What would you do with that information? Would it give you an unfair advantage?
Is this test for selected applicants or for everyone?
Original post by Gusfringg
Is this test for selected applicants or for everyone?

selected
Thank you! Do you know if that replaces the interview for international applicants?
Thank you! Do you know if that replaces the interview for international applicants?

I believe this year we have to do both. The interview is done by Skype.
Original post by RogerOxon
What would you do with that information? Would it give you an unfair advantage?

well, i really wanna do well in the test and if you think that having a rough idea of whats gonna be asked is unfair then probably all the exams should be conducted according to your thinking procedure, no syllabus, nothing definite just sit and give the test.
I misclicked and got a 7/8 on the test. Is there anyone who were invited to interview with this (or worse) score?
Original post by z.human.98
well, i really wanna do well in the test and if you think that having a rough idea of whats gonna be asked is unfair then probably all the exams should be conducted according to your thinking procedure, no syllabus, nothing definite just sit and give the test.

People who have already taken the test didn't have that information beforehand. It should be the same for all candidates - they all want to do well AFAIK.
Reply 95
Original post by yunusaydin
I misclicked and got a 7/8 on the test. Is there anyone who were invited to interview with this (or worse) score?

I rekt 2 questions (I'm guessing 6.8) and got an interview for Feb. 1. Don't freak out! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey!
I am an international student. I received an Email regarding a 90 mins admission test as well. Can anyone please tell me what type of questions should I expect?? Are they programming based (Since I have opted for MEng Computing course) or Mathematical questions? Also, do let me know the pattern of the test. My test is on 31st! :smile:
Thank You!!
Original post by Anshu7977
Hey!
I am an international student. I received an Email regarding a 90 mins admission test as well. Can anyone please tell me what type of questions should I expect?? Are they programming based (Since I have opted for MEng Computing course) or Mathematical questions? Also, do let me know the pattern of the test. My test is on 31st! :smile:
Thank You!!

You should read through the thread since every person on this thread has literally asked the same qs. (I was guilty of it too haha)
Ugh. Just finished my admissions test and did horribly. I'm an international applicant and did not take A levels so I couldn't do some of the questions. Does flunking the test means I have 0 chance now?
Reply 99
Ugh. Just finished my admissions test and did horribly. I'm an international applicant and did not take A levels so I couldn't do some of the questions. Does flunking the test means I have 0 chance now?

I doubt it; if you were offered to take the online test, I'm sure you caught at least one of the admission officers' attention. Don't stress too much and try to carry on with life for now. It really helped and I got an interview invite shortly after.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending