Applying for Physician Associate Masters 2017/18 Watch

Phoebz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does anyone know which universities fund the physician associate masters?
Mightybadger16
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Unfortunately the only funding available for the Physician associate courses is the £10,000 postgraduate loan which can only be taken out once. My university only charged £500 a year tuition fees when they began but I think that was just to attract interest to the new course. Its now £9000 a year I believe.

The NHS bursary is not available to study on any of the physician associate courses in the UK. However, efforts are being made to address this.

Alternatively you apply for a career development loan from high street banks. You can borrow between £300 and £10,000 which you pay back once you have stopped studying, although these obviously carry different risks.
JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The NHS pays for my PA course but this is the last year of funding (I heard from hearsay). Manchester, Liverpool, and UCLAN may fund their students not sure contact the unis involved.
basmati11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
From what I understand, universities up north will pay their trainees a salary up to 1500 per month while they are clinical placements however there's a catch. They expect their trainees to work in the north 2 years after finishing their training.
j_vicente
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Phoebz)
Does anyone know which universities fund the physician associate masters?
Is worth checking with each university but I can tell you for sure that Manchester/Liverpool/Uclan are funding students atm. My uni (Plymouth) also funds all students so far, and we all have a contract with hospitals after graduation. However it might be that in the future not all students are funded so is a good idea to apply now
tree123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by j_vicente)
Is worth checking with each university but I can tell you for sure that Manchester/Liverpool/Uclan are funding students atm. My uni (Plymouth) also funds all students so far, and we all have a contract with hospitals after graduation. However it might be that in the future not all students are funded so is a good idea to apply now
I just checked Manchester- I'm pretty sure I read £9,000 in fees?
j_vicente
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by tree123)
I just checked Manchester- I'm pretty sure I read £9,000 in fees?
It is possible that they are not sponsoring the next cohort in this case
orca93
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi guys Just to let you know there is a new facebook group for PA applicants you may find useful https://www.facebook.com/groups/1794852010838384/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.23%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.35%
Not great so far... (251)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.66%

Watched Threads