The Student Room Group

WHY NOT?! GCSE Year 10 Grade Growing!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hannah-Brown
Thursday 2nd February

Yet again I did not really have a plan for today, it was mainly just to work on the article for the school newspaper, so I did not get much done.

Wrote newspaper article (school newspaper)

Watched a Crash Course video on youtube about atomic bonding and took notes

I have run out of storage on my phone.png

I cannot think of anything to write here, and I am also super tired so I am afraid I'm gonna have to end this here and have another broing post, sorry :/

Oh hang on!
I can think of something to say!

Stay Focused
I downloaded this app like thing off of the Chrome Web Stores and it essentially blocks certain websites (you choose) for certain times which you also choose. I have found this super useful today as I was having trouble concentrating on working and staying off of the internet. If you try to go onto a blocked website then it will come up with 'SHOULDN'T YOU BE WORKING?' in big letters which is enough to make me go back to work!
But, if you want to download it, in the settings there is a function where you set the amount of time you can go on blocked websites a day. It's set to 10 minutes which I personally think is too little, so if you want to change that then do it soon as otherwise once you've gone over the ten minutes on the blocked websites it will prevent you from changing it until the next day.

Anyways, that's it for today!

DAY: 3/100

Oooh what is your article about? That reminds me of an article I wrote over the summer about mental health!

I like how you still did the quote thing :laugh: It's still pretty inspiring in a way- even if you aren't sure of yourself still do something as it might still help you or make a difference :biggrin:

I downloaded this app like thing off of the Chrome Web Stores and it essentially blocks certain websites (you choose) for certain times which you also choose. I have found this super useful today as I was having trouble concentrating on working and staying off of the internet. If you try to go onto a blocked website then it will come up with 'SHOULDN'T YOU BE WORKING?' in big letters which is enough to make me go back to work!
But, if you want to download it, in the settings there is a function where you set the amount of time you can go on blocked websites a day. It's set to 10 minutes which I personally think is too little, so if you want to change that then do it soon as otherwise once you've gone over the ten minutes on the blocked websites it will prevent you from changing it until the next day.

I was looking for a good app that did this for my revision sessions so I will definitely try that one out!! Thanks for the tip :smile: great work on the thread as always xx
Original post by Shaaayxp
Oooh what is your article about? That reminds me of an article I wrote over the summer about mental health!

I like how you still did the quote thing :laugh: It's still pretty inspiring in a way- even if you aren't sure of yourself still do something as it might still help you or make a difference :biggrin:

It's about technology and its addictive nature and whether it is actually a positive addition to our lives. Ooh, that sounds interesting!

Haha thanks, I felt bad about the space being bare, lol!
Original post by misstiah_h
I was looking for a good app that did this for my revision sessions so I will definitely try that one out!! Thanks for the tip :smile: great work on the thread as always xx

Yeah, it is good! Although there is one called 'ColdTurkey' which looks like a better format but it doesn't seem to work on my laptop for some reason. Haha, thank you!! :smile:
Friday (FINALLY!) 3rd February

Okay so today I did not get much done at all as it just seemed to be one of those days where I just lie on my bed listening to music and mourning the fact that I should be working but am not. BUT I did eventually get a minor amount of work done as I didn't want to drop out of the 100 day productivity challenge this early!

So dis is what I did:

Wrote notes for Chemistry as I do not understand everything at the moment (but I ended up giving up after a page of notes)

Attempting some Spanish terms on Quizlet but then getting sad when I didn't know any of it and giving up!

The plan is to.png

Tomorrow I am going to be out for the majority of the day as I will be volunteering at a local charity shop and trying to get my tablet fixed at a tech shop. But hopefully I will still get some work done.

Also, if you haven't listened to the 'Hamilton' soundtrack (it's a musical following one of America's founding fathers: Alexander Hamilton) then I beg of you to! It's absolutely AMAZING!
ALL THE DAYS I HAVE MISSED cause I am a bad human

I haven't been updating this for a few days for the simple reason that I have been stupidly lazy. BUT I have kept the days of productivity going- so not a complete fail! Anyways, here I the days I missed, and what I did on them:

Saturday 4th February

Made notes for Chemistry: Not a lot done at all, but I still did a few pages of work- so it counts right?!

DAT: 5/100

Sunday 5th February;

Wrote up history notes: I have decided to write up notes for each lesson so that I go over what we have to done and also have a better set of notes.

RS notes: I also wrote up notes for everything we have done on this new topic this term

Fixed Newspaper Article: I edited my newspaper article

DAY: 6/100

Monday 6th February

Spanish catch up work and homework

Wrote a new newspaper article: This one was about Trump and Starbucks

DAY: 7/100

Tuesday 7th February (today!!)

I wrote up a Science practical

Edited a small section of one of the newspaper articles as I was asked to

Sorted out signing sheets for my DofE

DAY: 8/100
ALL THE DAYS I HAVE MISSED cause I am a bad human

I haven't been updating this for a few days for the simple reason that I have been stupidly lazy. BUT I have kept the days of productivity going- so not a complete fail! Anyways, here I the days I missed, and what I did on them:

Saturday 4th February

Made notes for Chemistry: Not a lot done at all, but I still did a few pages of work- so it counts right?!

DAT: 5/100

Sunday 5th February;

Wrote up history notes: I have decided to write up notes for each lesson so that I go over what we have to done and also have a better set of notes.

RS notes: I also wrote up notes for everything we have done on this new topic this term

Fixed Newspaper Article: I edited my newspaper article

DAY: 6/100

Monday 6th February

Spanish catch up work and homework

Wrote a new newspaper article: This one was about Trump and Starbucks

DAY: 7/100

Tuesday 7th February (today!!)

I wrote up a Science practical

Edited a small section of one of the newspaper articles as I was asked to

Sorted out signing sheets for my DofE

DAY: 8/100

This doesn't sound very lazy to me! :laugh:
This doesn't sound very lazy to me! :laugh:

:biggrin:
Thursday 9th February

I didn't do a lot of things today, however I am happy with what I did do:

Signed up for Volunteering on eDofE

(I went running for DofE if that counts- I am really not the running type of person, hellllppppp)

Looked through a powerpoint and revision slide set on Doddle for an upcoming test (I made no notes as I will do this another day)

Made a revision timetable for the upcoming test we have in Chemistry soon:

FEb 2017 Timetable Chemistry Bonding.PNG

Each letter corresponds to a point on the spec which we have been given by our teachers. This time I decided to colour code them in three colours:

Green: Mostly know/ Short length
Yellow: Know a bit/ Medium length to learn
Red: Oh dear help me I have no idea what this is/ Will take a long time to learn]

Unfortunately, there is only one green and A LOT of reds. This is because I am really struggling with this subject. It is crucial that I get a good mark on this test as I REALLY want to move up science sets next year and I would like to increase my target grades from a 7 to a 8 for Science as then I will have a [better] chance of getting into my dream sixth form!

Tomorrow I want to have a lazy day/ rest after school BUT i will still do something slightly productive so that I can keep the 100 day of productivity challenge going!

DAY: 10/ 100
Friday 10th February

IT'S A HOLIDAY: FINNNNAAAAALLLLLYYYYYY!!!

As planned, I did not get a lot done today, but here is what I did do:

Filled out the sign up sheet for the volunteering at a local charity shop

(Doesn't really count but I have hardly anything to write here sooooo) : Planned out tomorrow

Okay, so this is not a lot at all and I am not sure whether I can count this as a day of productivity. So I am also going to go through a powerpoint about bonds for Chemistry.

Tomorrow I am going to go to a local library and try to get about three hours of revision done (mostly Chemistry as I have a test soon) and afterwards I will do about two hours of volunteering at my local charity shop.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this, but I started watching videos from this YouTuber: IbzMo . He is super inspiring and I would definitely check his videos out! Here is a video he has done about revision.
(edited 7 years ago)
Friday 10th February

IT'S A HOLIDAY: FINNNNAAAAALLLLLYYYYYY!!!

As planned, I did not get a lot done today, but here is what I did do:

Filled out the sign up sheet for the volunteering at a local charity shop

(Doesn't really count but I have hardly anything to write here sooooo) : Planned out tomorrow

Okay, so this is not a lot at all and I am not sure whether I can count this as a day of productivity. So I am also going to go through a powerpoint about bonds for Chemistry.

Tomorrow I am going to go to a local library and try to get about three hours of revision done (mostly Chemistry as I have a test soon) and afterwards I will do about two hours of volunteering at my local charity shop.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this, but I started watching videos from this YouTuber: IbzMo . He is super inspiring and I would definitely check his videos out! Here is a video he has done about revision.

I checked out his channel and he's hilarious! He did the subjects that I did as well...
I checked out his channel and he's hilarious! He did the subjects that I did as well...

Haha, what a coincidence!
Okay so I didn't post yesterday so this will be two days (as per usual cause I am terrible at commitments :biggrin: )
But first,

100 DAYS OF PRODUCTIvITY UPDATE:
So on the 10th (Friday) I meant to do a little work at the end of the day as all I had done was make a spreadsheet. However, I did not do this so therefore I am not counting that as a day of productivity. Not a good start. But I've decided to start again and hopefully I won't fail this time!!

Annnddd onto the days!:

Saturday 11th February

On Saturday I was going to do volunteering at a charity shop in a town near me so I went earlier and studied in the library for about three hours, however I didn't get everything I wanted to get done, done and didn't finish it at home.

Review the types of bonding: Unfortunately I only managed to get done Metallic and Ionic bonds (I also meant to go over Covalent bonds). I wrote notes for everything, and then condensed my notes into flashcards as I find them easier to learn from.

Drawing diagrams of covalent bonding: This was completed, again I did notes and then a few flashcards.

DAY OF PRODUCTIVITY: 1/100

Sunday 12th February

Finish what wasn't done on Saturday: This was done- I made notes and flashcards on covalent bonding

Charge of Ions: Again, another point on my Chemistry spec and I also made notes and flashcards

Recognise substances from diagrams: I'm sure you can guess what I did for this!^^^

DAY OF PRODUCTIVITY: 2/100

Tomorrow I know I am not going to get a whole lot done as I am going out for most of the day. However I will aim to at least start one of the points on the Chemistry spec. On Tuesday I'm going to go to the library for a lot of the day so I can catch up on anything I fall behind on tomorrow then.

Also, on a completely different point I watched all of 'Stranger Things' today cause I stole my brother's account and, oh my goodness, IT IS AMAZING!! If you haven't watched it before you absolutely have to!!

Attachment not found
(edited 7 years ago)
Okay so I didn't post yesterday so this will be two days (as per usual cause I am terrible at commitments :biggrin: )
But first,

100 DAYS OF PRODUCTIvITY UPDATE:
So on the 10th (Friday) I meant to do a little work at the end of the day as all I had done was make a spreadsheet. However, I did not do this so therefore I am not counting that as a day of productivity. Not a good start. But I've decided to start again and hopefully I won't fail this time!!

Annnddd onto the days!:

Saturday 11th February

On Saturday I was going to do volunteering at a charity shop in a town near me so I went earlier and studied in the library for about three hours, however I didn't get everything I wanted to get done, done and didn't finish it at home.

Review the types of bonding: Unfortunately I only managed to get done Metallic and Ionic bonds (I also meant to go over Covalent bonds). I wrote notes for everything, and then condensed my notes into flashcards as I find them easier to learn from.

Drawing diagrams of covalent bonding: This was completed, again I did notes and then a few flashcards.

DAY OF PRODUCTIVITY: 1/100

Sunday 12th February

Finish what wasn't done on Saturday: This was done- I made notes and flashcards on covalent bonding

Charge of Ions: Again, another point on my Chemistry spec and I also made notes and flashcards

Recognise substances from diagrams: I'm sure you can guess what I did for this!^^^

DAY OF PRODUCTIVITY: 2/100

Tomorrow I know I am not going to get a whole lot done as I am going out for most of the day. However I will aim to at least start one of the points on the Chemistry spec. On Tuesday I'm going to go to the library for a lot of the day so I can catch up on anything I fall behind on tomorrow then.

Also, on a completely different point I watched all of 'Stranger Things' today cause I stole my brother's account and, oh my goodness, IT IS AMAZING!! If you haven't watched it before you absolutely have to!!

Attachment not found

I know what you mean about commitment issues :laugh: I feel like I haven't been on the student room in forever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending