The Student Room Group

Revision Tips

Hey guys,

I don't know if there is a post about this already, but I'm really stuck on how to find the most efficient way to revise for mathematics at university.

Right now I am on holiday break so I have a 3 more weeks to revise. I've been taking down notes from lectures and writing it into word, eg reading the material, copy and paste and then highlight it. But I don't think that's very good

My sister suggested you should just write down the formulas you need and annotate them, and just do a lot of questions. Which sounds reasonable , but then again you have limited amount of questions to do.

So what is a good way?

Thanks
Original post by RayP
Hey guys,

I don't know if there is a post about this already, but I'm really stuck on how to find the most efficient way to revise for mathematics at university.

Right now I am on holiday break so I have a 3 more weeks to revise. I've been taking down notes from lectures and writing it into word, eg reading the material, copy and paste and then highlight it. But I don't think that's very good

My sister suggested you should just write down the formulas you need and annotate them, and just do a lot of questions. Which sounds reasonable , but then again you have limited amount of questions to do.

So what is a good way?

Thanks

Just practice really, and make sure you understand and remember the key ideas such as theorems and rules in Analysis, or the required substitution for Bernoulli equations, etc...

EDIT: You can also email your lecturers asking them for extra questions, as well as accessing the Internet for them
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by RDKGames
Just practice really, and make sure you understand and remember the key ideas such as theorems and rules in Analysis, or the required substitution for Bernoulli equations, etc...

EDIT: You can also email your lecturers asking them for extra questions, as well as accessing the Internet for them

So don't take notes then?
Original post by RayP
So don't take notes then?

What would you take notes for?? That's what you do in lectures while learning the material. You should already have notes to refer to in case you get stuck on a question
Reply 4
Original post by RDKGames
What would you take notes for?? That's what you do in lectures while learning the material. You should already have notes to refer to in case you get stuck on a question

I did that at first, but we had coursework to do for like a month and a half, so I was focus on that more than taking notes down.

Quick Reply

Latest