The Student Room Group

Jesus was a refugee and not white. Happy xmas

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h333
Jesus pbuh was not born on this day anyway. Some Christians I know don't even celebrate Christmas.

Yes it's not believed that Jesus was actually born on December 25th but most Christians choose this date to celebrate his birth. It is not a requirement for Christians to celebrate Christmas but it's a fantastic way to unite families, share food and presents and enjoy the company of others while reflecting on Jesus' life and what he means to us.
Original post by xbiostudentx
people who follow ME religions have contributed the most to the world. prove me wrong.

There's no need, that's irrelevant, unless you're implying that their contributions are down to their faith. In which I'd say that's quite a claim and I'd ask for some evidence.

Especially considering those cultures were progressing culturally and technologically before the advent and adoption of any of the big 3 today.

i suppose it's better than worshipping cows and elephants made from stone. no offence fam

None taken fam. I'm not religious.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zargabaath
*le tips mjölnir*

Skol !!! :smile:

(the only Norse I know learnt in a French bar last year)
There's no need, that's irrelevant, unless you're implying that their contributions are down to their faith. In which I'd say that's quite a claim and I'd ask for some evidence.

Especially considering those cultures were progressing culturally and technologically before the advent and adoption of any of the big 3 today.

None taken fam. I'm not religious.

It had a lot to do with religion. Most of ME and Europe was a savage wasteland before religion civilised it. For many places religion was the first time people actually had laws to follow.

Flick through this whenever you have time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role_of_Christianity_in_civilization
Original post by Mathemagicien
Sure, I will admit that Turkey was a good place when it was inhabited by Greek settlers.

Must make you so mad when you read Istanbul instead of Constantinople :lol:
It had a lot to do with religion. Most of ME and Europe was a savage wasteland before religion civilised it. For many places religion was the first time people actually had laws to follow.

Flick through this whenever you have time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role_of_Christianity_in_civilization

>Europe was a savage wasteland before Christianity

What was Rome? What was Greece?
(edited 7 years ago)
So many atheists

So little time
Original post by 0to100
So many atheists

So little time

You never struck me as the religious sort
You never struck me as the religious sort

Nice one but what do you have to go off of?

Do you know about me volunteering at homeless shelters? Doing outreach programs for troubled youth? Taking care of my siblings? Getting off drugs? Trying to save a drug addict's life while she convulsed in the tub and saying she owes me everything?

Well you do now.
Original post by 0to100
Nice one but what do you have to go off of?

Do you know about me volunteering at homeless shelters? Doing outreach programs for troubled youth? Taking care of my siblings? Getting off drugs? Trying to save a drug addict's life while she convulsed in the tub and saying she owes me everything?

Well you do now.

You don't need to be religous to do any of those things.
You don't need to be religous to do any of those things.

I'm not talking about religion now, nice try, I'm now talking about you implying/judging me as a bad person when you don't know anything about me.

Anyway go argue with someone else, Sade is on and you're killin my vibe with your pointless negativity.
Original post by 0to100
I'm not talking about religion now, nice try, I'm now talking about you implying/judging me as a bad person when you don't know anything about me.

Anyway go argue with someone else, Sade is on and you're killin my vibe with your pointless negativity.

Lmao who said you're a bad person
Im not even religious myself why would i imply you're a bad person for not being religious
Lmao who said you're a bad person
Im not even religious myself why would i imply you're a bad person for not being religious

No one said anything. Hence why I said you implied it...

Then what did you mean by I'm not the religious sort...?
Original post by 0to100
No one said anything. Hence why I said you implied it...

Then what did you mean by I'm not the religious sort...?

You just seem quite logical and with it I guess, you don't seem like you'd believe in religion.

I honestly meant no disrespect by it
These neckbeards don't rest even on Christmas day :rofl:
Admire the dedication
Original post by somemightsay888
These neckbeards don't rest even on Christmas day :rofl:
Admire the dedication

Cheers m8
:hat2:
My euphoria rests for no one
You just seem quite logical and with it I guess, you don't seem like you'd believe in religion.

So religious people are illogical simply for being religious, omd. Don't agree but cba to argue fully. Just, all types of people can be mental lol

Are you implying religious people can't be logical? :rofl:
Cheers m8
:hat2:
My euphoria rests for no one

No problem :hat2:

Happy HOLIDAYS.
Are you implying religious people can't be logical? :rofl:

No, i was generalising and making sweeping statements

Quick Reply