Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I need advice from u :rolleyes: . I'm going to participate in an international project in the UK, and I have a free week after the project. Not that I want to go sightseeing there, but i'd like to see and hear smth really interesting and really English. thanx

ReputationRep:
    Stone henge is good or maybe hadrians wall. Or if you want something a bit more modern there is the London eye. You could go and see a west end musical. But if you really want something that is historical you should go to the globe theater. It is a copy but they put on plays ect and it is an amzing environment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skater)
    Hi, I need advice from u :rolleyes: . I'm going to participate in an international project in the UK, and I have a free week after the project. Not that I want to go sightseeing there, but i'd like to see and hear smth really interesting and really English. thanx
    For hip, try London, Birmingham, Aberdeen or Manchester
    For culture try Liverpool, Oxford, Cambridge, Cardiff, Edin
    For quaint try the Cotteswolds, Buxton, Lakes, Peaks, Lochs

Er... it depends what you're after really.

The Rough guide do guides for England, Scotland, etc.

Have a flick through one of those...

ReputationRep:
    Not historical, i mean. but some really interesting things/places or smth. not seen in very ad and promoted by official travel agencies...

ReputationRep:
    Not historical, i mean. but some really interesting things/places or smth. not seen in very ad and promoted by official travel agencies...
    if i were you when you travel go via national express id stay around london and check some hostels on the internet before you leave happy travelling

ReputationRep:
    come to devon (in the southwest) we have Dartmoor - the best place for walking! and so many cool beaches! exeter has an amazing cathedral
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    if i were you when you travel go via national express id stay around london and check some hostels on the internet before you leave happy travelling
    I've already done all that. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I've already done all that. Thanks
    oh ok

ReputationRep:
    So many thanx!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraduateMedic)
    For hip, try London, Birmingham, Aberdeen or Manchester
    For culture try Liverpool, Oxford, Cambridge, Cardiff, Edin
    For quaint try the Cotteswolds, Buxton, Lakes, Peaks, Lochs

Er... it depends what you're after really.

The Rough guide do guides for England, Scotland, etc.

Have a flick through one of those...
    I take it you've never been then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    youve found a russian budy!! (russia aint that big right?)

ReputationRep:
    I've never been there.....that's the point. I've wished for all my life. And now don't know what to do/how to plan the only free week...

ReputationRep:

yup - great shopping, and good bars! Our Scottish equivalent HQ is based up in Aberdeen so I go up there a lot - pitty it rains so much!

ReputationRep:
    i have to say aberdeen is pretty dull compared to other big cites like manchester, leeds, newcastle, liverpool etc.....and i have been there a LOT so i do know what im talking about....i mean its a nice place and the shops are alright but theres not that much that u don't get elsewhere. it does have v nice beaches tho....sadly its rarely warm enough to enjoy them!
    you should go to london and go to camden market or something like that cos its pretty unique and have loadsa of wierd and wonderful things (and great food!) london generally is pretty cool because it has so many different aspects to it and many different things to do and see.

ReputationRep:
    yup - great shopping, and good bars!
    Any details here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woox)
    london generally is pretty cool because it has so many different aspects to it and many different things to do and see.
    Ye, but too large to find all the cool things and see all the aspects (or just some of them) :rolleyes: . I need more specific recommnedations. I've just a week, not a year

ReputationRep:
    yup - great shopping, and good bars! Our Scottish equivalent HQ is based up in Aberdeen so I go up there a lot - pitty it rains so much!
    I know the ity well as im from pretty much that part of Scotland and my sister and a few relatives live there, whilst i agree with you that there are some decent bars i wouldnt rank it as being one of the top f 'hip' places in Britain!!

ReputationRep:
    and what about London? What are the places worth seeing there?

and what about London? What are the places worth seeing there?
    If "Friends" is to be believed you can find Richard Branson selling big novelty hats on the side of the road.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.