The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Interruption

Hey,

My sutuation is rather peculiar, but I hope maybe you can help me out a bit.

So the thing is, I started my studies at the LSE in September 2016, however, after ca. 3 weeks, out of personal reasons, I decided to interrupt my studies, so that the school let me recommence my course in September 2017.

But now, after I've dealt with what was the problem, I feel I'd be capable of coming back to uni in the Lent Term (starting in January) and it'd be a shame to postpone the studies by a whole year in this case. So my question is, would the School let me come back this year, if I stated that it's on me to go through the material that I omitted (it's like 5 weeks of classes=5 hrs of teaching per subject) and that it's my fault and responsibility, or it's impossible and I must wait until next September and start over?

It'd be happy to come back in Sept of course, just would like to know if the above is even possible.

Regards and thanks in advance x
(edited 7 years ago)
I haven't got a clue whether that's possible.

But a) I'm bumping this thread

b) Can you not wait till the University reopens and then call the relevant deparment up?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by telepathicnine
I haven't got a clue whether that's possible.

But a) I'm bumping this thread

b) Can you not wait till the University reopens and then call the relevant deparment up?

b) I sure can and will, but they won't open until like 2nd of January and the term starts on the 9th, so I figured that if by any chance anyone had some relevant info, asking here first won't hurt
Reply 3
Original post by JohnGreek
I suspect that there may be an issue with the stuff you missed so far... you'll be expected to sit first year exams without having been taught or studied about 1/3 of the material (the one covered during MT while you were away).

Do you have any alternatives as to what you're going to do for the next 9 months until the next academic year begins?

I am aware of that, but from what I've noticed the teaching style is such that you largely cover the material on your own. I know I'd have to put a lot of effort into that and seek help from my tutors, but I think it'd be doable. I have the impression that especially for my course (Politics and Philosophy) first year is really introductory and you're basically expected to read widely on your own. I just don't know if formally it's even possible to essentially "undo" an interruption and restore me to the programme.

Well I think I am capable of organising those months in such a way that the year won't be a complete waste, but if coming back to the School was an option I'd definitely go for that as I don't really have a structured plan for now. The whole situation is just a bit of a mess and I would just like to clear things up and know my options really :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending