Turn on thread page Beta

Geriatric ward watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I wondered if anyone could help me. I have been looking on the do-it website for volunteer work and there is a advert for a feeder/helper in a Geriatric ward.

I am about to ring and have just been searching for the number online (I don't bother with letters and emails as take too long for an answer). However on the list of wards there is not a Geriatric ward listed. I have looked through the list of wards though and there are two ones that the advert could have been referring to: either the 'acute elderly medical ward' or the 'elderly rehabilitation ward'.

So I really don't know which one I should ring. If anyone could tell me what these wards are and which would probably be the relevant one it would be very helpful.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Call both. Hell, you might get yourself a job at the one not referred to in the advert.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    They're both gerries wards. You could be working on either, or other wards with elderly patients.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    Call both. Hell, you might get yourself a job at the one not referred to in the advert.
    Good luck!
    lol I suppose that's good logic.

Has anyone got any other insight before I ring?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    They're both gerries wards. You could be working on either, or other wards with elderly patients.
    That's the weird thing. I thought that at first but when I looked at the details of the one it said:

General details
    Size : 34 beds
    Sex : Mixed
    Age Group : 16 upwards
    Type : Acute elderly medical ward

I didn't think 16 year olds were quite classed as geriatrics :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll find that there are only two age groups, have a guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    I think you'll find that there are only two age groups, have a guess.
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    If one of them is 16 and upwards, the other must be...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    If one of them is 16 and upwards, the other must be...
    Oh ok lol! You must think I am really really stupid now I swear it was just the way you worded it!

ReputationRep:
    Aye - one is short stay, one long stay...

TBH if you can cope with Geriatrics, you will cope with most things medicine and med school throws at you... It should give you a very good grounding...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 30, 2007

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.