Help, Lincoln uni reputation Watch

advice please
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I have a predicament, i got AABB in my A levels A for general studies and A for Law and Bs for history and english literature. Ive secured a place at University of East Anglia but was thinking maybe stupidly about going to Lincoln uni do study law. But, im worried that the reputation of the uni will hold me back when it comes to LPC and TCs. How much sway does the name of the university have on your degree? And would it really work against me.

Any replies greatfully received.
TommehR
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If the place at UEA is for LLB Law, then I think you would be absolutely insane to change to Lincoln.
advice please
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Yeh the place is for LLB law, i knw i think im insane too. Only reason im even considering it really is cus thats wher my girlfriends goin.
naelse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
don't make a big decision like this based on where your girlfriend is going. You may well break up in the first term!
TKR
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
dont do it
sins55
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
OP this is suicide...stick to your guns and **** the gf...she'll come running back when you score a fat job anyways
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
Dont, its a terrible uni
simon123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Dont do it mate its a crazy decision. Im not exaggerating that it will effect the rest of your life, and for the worse. If you and you gf are meant to work out it will and she should understand you going to where you want to go because its the best place for you. Seriously you will be making a huge mistake be single minded its all about you at the end of it all.
dogtanian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Get a railcard and visit your girlfriend. Do not base your university choice on her, especiailly when you'd be sacrificing so much. Lincoln is good for some people, but really not for you. You have the potential to go much further with these grades.

You'll have so many 'what ifs' if you drop UEA and go to Lincoln. You don;t want to end up resenting your girlfriend because you followed her instead of taking up a place on an excellent course?

I repeat: Don't do it.
Philosoraptor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What everyone else said! Don't do it!
simon123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have just looked at the latest league tables Lincoln is 109 out of 113! Mate the place is absoluty **** and you will be kissing your career goodbye its that bad. Honestly I have said above once and I will say again dont do it and if your gf protests kick her into touch as she obviously doesnt actually care about you suceeding!
NW8_SW1_EC3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Your an idiot just for posting this
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (115)
41.82%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (86)
31.27%
I don't have an opinion (74)
26.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise