Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How many people out there want to go on some big adventure some time in the forseeable future (ie after uni) - don't worry I'm not arranging any thing.

You see I've been planning that after I finish uni I am going to go and explore the world, maybe do a pole to pole journey like Michael Palin. I just want to go and live for a year or so before joining the rat race. Personaly I would prefer not to make anything but the most basic plans so I can be spontanious.

Anyone else out there like this?

Please but down what your ideal adventure would be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    How many people out there want to go on some big adventure some time in the forseeable future (ie after uni) - don't worry I'm not arranging any thing.

You see I've been planning that after I finish uni I am going to go and explore the world, maybe do a pole to pole journey like Michael Palin. I just want to go and live for a year or so before joining the rat race. Personaly I would prefer not to make anything but the most basic plans so I can be spontanious.

Anyone else out there like this?

Please but down what your ideal adventure would be.

I went to Sandgate, that was adventure enough for me TYVM!

Nah, Schoolies is the next adventure for me... not really huge but still.

ReputationRep:
    OK people I'm going to walk my dogs now - there had better be other replies by the time I get back - and nobody had better break into my house.

ReputationRep:
    My mate pretty randomly decided we should travel Europe by train last night - so i guess thats what we're gonna be doing. Has anyone done it before??

ReputationRep:
    ive always wanted to go to oz for like 6 months or something..... after i've been to Uni or something: to get some 'life experience' and all that.....

ReputationRep:
    a chartered expedition into South London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toyosi)
    My mate pretty randomly decided we should travel Europe by train last night - so i guess thats what we're gonna be doing. Has anyone done it before??
    Sounds like fun. When are you going.

ReputationRep:
    It'll probably have to be next summer now. I'm pretty determined to do something exciting next summer since this summer i'm working as a receptionist and my brain is turning to mush from the lack of anything interesting to do.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely a New York to LA trip, in a Mustang! (or two harleys)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samd294)
    Definitely a New York to LA trip, in a Mustang! (or two harleys)
    Very nice - I'm thinking of doing something similar but in Canada - start in Toronto and finish in Vancouver.

ReputationRep:
    my gfs got the idea then when she leaves uni shes going to the rockies for the winter ski season to learn/teach snowboarding then in the summer to oz to learn/teach surfing....sounds fun :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    Very nice - I'm thinking of doing something similar but in Canada - start in Toronto and finish in Vancouver.
    I sorta did that with the family when I was a small child, except we only went as faras Calgary. Definitely get your butt down to Yellowstone and be prepared for a few days of driving past nothing but cornfields!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.