Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand! Apparently the average is between 500 and 700 but then how is each section marked? Where do the hundreds come from?
    Help people!
    Thank youu

ReputationRep:
    No one apart from ukcat know the marking and probably will never understand. Also Ive heard the vast majority of people score between 570-620 which sounds correct. Barts want 600 plus this year or as an average or 2400 as your overall score and soton want 2200. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    It's a scale from 300-900, and I don't think your score means much apart from where you are on that scale in relation to other people. 500-700 is the middle of that scale, which is why most people fall in that range. I don't know how it's marked in terms of actual marks though... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilac_glitter2)
    No one apart from ukcat know the marking and probably will never understand. Also Ive heard the vast majority of people score between 570-620 which sounds correct. Barts want 600 plus this year or as an average or 2400 as your overall score and soton want 2200. Good luck

Do Barts have a cut off point for dentistry?
    Sorry to but in in the medic forum.
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    We have now interviewed shortlisted applicants with UKCAT scores of 2,400 and above and are able to start considering candidates with UKCAT scores of 2,350 and above for the A100 Medicine course. These applications are currently being assessed and candidates who are shortlisted for interview will receive details of this via royal mail.

Thats on the medicine part I cant seem to find anything on dentistry but a lot of med schools last year used it to discriminate between people who were tying kinda thing. The best thing to do is ask what people got last year and see who made it to interview thats what us medic people are doing. On that note looks like kings used it hmm

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for trying!
    I thought I wasn't seeing it.

Hopefully they don't have a cut off point...
    I did pretty badly.

<33nit.xx

ReputationRep:
    How bad is bad as long as ur within the 500-700 not much problem i got 697.5 average pretty happy with that. Just remember no one knows how the ukcat works in dentistry or med no ones exited or even entered med school/dentistry school so no one knows how it will effect them being good dr's or dentists for dentistry its all bout ur hand eye coordination as i was told when i did work experience at a dentist which was the most boring 4 days of my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilac_glitter2)
    How bad is bad as long as ur within the 500-700 not much problem i got 697.5 average pretty happy with that. Just remember no one knows how the ukcat works in dentistry or med no ones exited or even entered med school/dentistry school so no one knows how it will effect them being good dr's or dentists for dentistry its all bout ur hand eye coordination as i was told when i did work experience at a dentist which was the most boring 4 days of my life.
    I did alot of work experience, and I loved it:
    http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=447515
    :p:

I got an average of 565.
    But...that's the lowest I've ever seen.
    You did soo well, well done!

ReputationRep:
    Well hopefully common sense will prevail as thats of a lot of work experience well done. Just make sure on ur ps to say what you learnt dont list it. Your ukcat isnt going to be the lowest ever. Serouisly tho write an amazing ps and apply for dental schools what dont use the ukcat much. Just ring or email them and ask them the weight the ukcat carries.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 31, 2007

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.