tetrahydrocannabinol.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Next year at uni I'm planning on actually doing some hard graft. To add some incentive, I want to treat myself to a nice pen to wite my drafts and assignments with (I'm taking Creative Writing) and I'd love some personal recommendations of fairly reasonably priced pens that don't smudge or run out quickly and that write nice and smoothly.

Apologies for being so tragic :ninja:
cpj1987
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Someone sent me a pen anonymously in the post a few weeks ago, weirdest thing ever...

It was a Stabilo S'Move, biro-style pen with fountain pen-type ink cartridges.

Still don't know where it came from, but I love it! Makes my handwriting perfect!
UniOfLife
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The best imo are Parker Ball-point pens - they don't smudge or scratch. And IIRC Parker hae a lifetime guarantee that if the pen breaks they'll replace it. Pilot Gels write nicely but can sometimes smudge.

EDIT: Avoid fountain pens - they smudge too easily.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The Stabilo S-Move is lovely. It comes in pink!

I get all my pens from this Ebay shop
AlexanderKing
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
those Mont Blanc pens apparently, but they're like £££ so i wouldnt bother personally
lodzinski
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I always write with fountain pens for longer essays or whatever - I have a schaeffer and a cross - the cross was more but very nice, certainly a fantastic pen, as for non-fountain I tend to go for lamy - can't be beaten IMO.
Hannah_Jeffries
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i know you said pens that dont smudge but i really love parker fountain pens, they write really smoothly and eventually wear off to how you write so its easier...just dont touch it after you've written for a while..lmao
something_vague
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I hate biros. my favourite pens are rollerball ink pens. I spend way to much on pens, I love wh smiths :P
tetrahydrocannabinol.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
That S-move looks funky, and I'm guessing it's pretty comfy with that design.
cpj1987
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah it's very comfy, love it!
sparkler
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well i like the cheapy bic pens; the orange fine point ones though, not the normal medium ones...

quite hard to find in shops now though...
Tyrannosaurus Cal
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Bic Reaction pens are my latest favourite...they're thick rollerballs that you can pick up for a quid at WH Smiths. They're great, so I bought a heap when I was last in town:ninja:
winnie the poo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Probably coming across as a bit of a cheap date here but hey:

I think they're called a Flexgrip by Papermate. A very reliable pen with a rather pleasing writing action... ...

....and they're cheap
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
£1.40 black nameless gel pens from the College Green shop at my university.

The only pen I'd ever want or need... although I do have one or two that are a bit more 'fancy'.
phatmonkey
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by UniOfLife)
The best imo are Parker Ball-point pens - they don't smudge or scratch. And IIRC Parker hae a lifetime guarantee that if the pen breaks they'll replace it. Pilot Gels write nicely but can sometimes smudge.

EDIT: Avoid fountain pens - they smudge too easily.
+1 that. I have the "jotter" and it's the best pen I've ever used by far. It feels great to write with.
M'Lady
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Hannah_Jeffries)
i know you said pens that dont smudge but i really love parker fountain pens, they write really smoothly and eventually wear off to how you write so its easier...just dont touch it after you've written for a while..lmao
That's all well and good if you're not left handed,

The way I get through pens I just buy a multipack of black biros from smiths and then buy all the "fashion" biro pens I see that I like within the year, I have neat enough handwriting to get away with a biro.
xatm092
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I so read that title wrong.
kidintheriot
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Try PenIsland.com.
Hahaha. How amusing.
musicbloke
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's all about green biro.

MB
Kater Murr
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Uggh, Green biro?
No, whenever I get good pens I'm too scared to use them in case they run out Cheap pens all the way!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.87%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27%
Not great so far... (283)
35.87%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.26%

Watched Threads