Why is A level Biology easy but Hard!!!

Watch
BlueSpikes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Like it is relatively straight forward to learn and understand the content. To actually then get As in the past papers and actual exam is a different story. The application questions and most questions in general are quite tricky.

Does anyone understand? I really need an A in this subject too. (Im in yr13)
(got a B at AS)
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bobwibbles)
Like it is relatively straight forward to learn and understand the content. To actually then get As in the past papers and actual exam is a different story. The application questions and most questions in general are quite tricky.

(got a B at AS)
It's hard because there's a **** tonne to learn. Besides that, there's also the extremely pedantic mark scheme; notice how it's artificially used to make biology harder to get a good grade in? You just need to practise past papers and keep reading regularly. After that, even the application questions on past papers will become familiar, as you'll soon realise they're rehashed questions with alternative wording.

Best of luck.
BlueSpikes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
It's hard because there's a **** tonne to learn. Besides that, there's also the extremely pedantic mark scheme; notice how it's artificially used to make biology harder to get a good grade in? You just need to practise past papers and keep reading regularly. After that, even the application questions on past papers will become familiar, as you'll soon realise they're rehashed questions with alternative wording.

Best of luck.
That is exactly how I would describe the mark scheme it is too specific and just too picky. The fact that you said even the application questions will become familiar gives quite a bit of hope. Ill be so gutted if I dont get the AAA after Yr13.... Dont let me down biology.

Thanks for the guidance!
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bobwibbles)

(got a B at AS)
Because examiners are picky, as well as the mark scheme (AQA is the worst exam board for this subject). I got above 90% in my AS exams, except the practical since I've spent such a long time remembering the mark scheme on top of learning the content. Then at A2, it got worse content wise.
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kkboyk)
Because examiners are picky, as well as the mark scheme (AQA is the worst exam board for this subject). I got above 90% in my AS exams, except the practical since I've spent such a long time remembering the mark scheme on top of learning the content. Then at A2, it got worse content wise.
Dat Linear A Level dough
bulgylau
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kkboyk)
:woo:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (28)
26.92%
No (76)
73.08%

Watched Threads