Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone planning to pay the £189 per year for the gym? I believe the offer is only valid till september something something.

ReputationRep:
    By the way im talking about the multi million gym in Bath uni not the bath spa one (if they have a gym at all).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hairy_scary)
    By the way im talking about the multi million gym in Bath uni not the bath spa one (if they have a gym at all).
    hahaa.....nice one..:lolz:..anyways, I am planning to but not sure if I will need one there

ReputationRep:
    Sent cheque on resuls day.So yes

ReputationRep:
    They say it's only valid till then but it's not really, they have a different offer to join every semester lol. Best to get there early though to book an induction (and training program if you want one).

ReputationRep:
    I will. I try to go everyday here in Geneva. Just got back from the gym actually .

ReputationRep:
    how much will it cost to join after the september offer runs out?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i was wondering as well.

ReputationRep:
    not sure if im going to join yet...is it possible to pay monthly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prb)
    how much will it cost to join after the september offer runs out?
    Was the same last year. Then after the first semester there is a new price.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I'm going to yet.

Knowing me, I'll buy it and stop going to the gym within a month.

ReputationRep:
    do you need to be a member to use the pools?

ReputationRep:
    also found the normal rates http://www.teambath.com/?page_id=29

ReputationRep:
    so do students pay the full adult price if we miss the offer then?! between £320-£580 !

Edit: just seen it says students pay concession rate - so £250-£430

ReputationRep:
    Surrey Uni gym only costs £70 a year for Gold access! I know the bath gym is really good, but surely they could make it a bit cheaper for poor students :p:

If you join a club that uses the sports facilities do you have to get the gold membership?

ReputationRep:
    You can access most of the facilities (inc. the pool) using your standard library card, it's just the actual gym you have pay for. I personally think it's worth it if you use it regularly.

ReputationRep:
    They do have a free one aswell....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dakedake)
    They do have a free one aswell....
    Is it a horrible old one then?

I dont think i'm gonna join because my halls are off campus, if i was on campus i probably would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guywp88)
    Is it a horrible old one then?

I dont think i'm gonna join because my halls are off campus, if i was on campus i probably would.
    I've been away for a year but as I remember the free gym was a bit old and gash. But yeah, 'tis free.

I think £190 is excellent for such a good gym. I remember in my first year it was £160 though (I think - showing my age now anyway!). Compared to ordinary public gyms that compares very favourably even if you're not going to use it during the holidays. Of course I was cheeky and, after paying for my second year membership a couple of weeks after the start of the year, I carried on using the gym at the start of my third year expecting them to ask me to renew it...and they never did! So a year's gym usage for nowt :p:

Anyway if you have a 2/3 hour gap between lectures then going to the gym is the perfect way to fill that time (unless you're snowed under with work) :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Aha...sounds like a great plan....gym between lectures.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.