The Student Room Group

How to "club"?

I've only been out "clubbing" once at our Student Union Nightclub. That was years ago and I found it uncomfortable.

The noise was overwhelming; you can't hear anyone- even when shouting. All you do is dance awkwardly with strangers, smile and drink. I don't get it at all.

My friends have repeatedly tried to invite me out on nights out to no avail. Can someone explain how one goes clubbing properly? What am I supposed to do?
Reply 1
That's essentially it... Drink, dance or make a fool out of yourself in pulling girls or dancing (or be a legend, if you're successful).

It takes time to getting used to. Some clubbing events have different rooms with different music, maybe experiment with what you're comfortable to dancing and then you can take it from there.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
That's essentially it... Drink, dance or make a fool out of yourself in pulling girls or dancing (or be a legend, if you're successful).

It takes time to getting used to. Some clubbing events have different rooms with different music, maybe experiment with what you're comfortable to dancing and then you can take it from there.

Ehhh clubbing just doesn't sound appealing to me. I just don't get the purpose or fun in clubbing, despite it being so popular? I'd rather go out for a nice meal with friends. And waking up with a hangover is the worst.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Ehhh clubbing just doesn't sound appealing to me. I just don't get the purpose or fun in clubbing, despite it being so popular? I'd rather go out for a nice meal with friends. And waking up with a hangover is the worst.

Clubbing isn't for everyone, don't force yourself to go if you don't like it.
Reply 4
You don't have to club if it isn't appealing to you, I am sure you can find other activities with your friends.

But essentially, clubbing means a lot of dancing, drinking and being friends with everybody while you're drunk. Some find it hilarious, some not so much.

I think it depends a lot on the environment you grew up in and if you attended this kind of parties when you were a teen. For example, in my city we started going to clubs from 15-16, so it's not that big of a deal to me.
don't learn "how" if you don't enjoy it
I'm more of a pub or house party guy myself
the club scene honestly is stupid, it benefits no one except owners, liquor brands, and musicians
you just said all there is to it - you either enjoy that or you don't... it's okay not to
Liking the music is a start. I enjoy clubbing only when there's good music, if you don't like the music then you are obviously not going to enjoy it. I also like it because I get to dance to the music I like and have a good time with my friends. If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to go. There are loads of other ways to have fun and spend time with your friends.
If you don't like it, there honestly is nothing to feel bad about. I personally hate nightclubs, far too noisy, dirty, cramped, often crap music and just a horrible time with over-enthusiastic bouncers ready to pounce. On the other hand, I like my uni's SU events because they are cheesy but fun, in a less cramped situation with people I know.

I only like one day a week of 'partying', and I'm glad to have friends who like going to the pub for grub.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending