The Student Room Group

I messed up and need advice

hey, i'm currently in sixth form studying A-level Math, BTECH Engineering and BTECH ICT. I'm not really liking sixth form and to be honest i didn't plan very well when making my choice on whether to go to sixth form or college, my subjects i've picked are not very good in terms of value ( maths is an exception) and i've started to look in to unis and quickly realized that my 1 a-level is the only thing going for me when looking at entry requirement and i'm really worried on what i should do. I feel as though i'm not reaching my full potential and its all my fault, i could of picked chemistry and bio with maths to study but stupid me didn't. I feel that if i stick with these subject that it will bite me later on when applying for unis. I don't know whether i should start fresh at the end of this year and move to college and study three traditional a-levels, or carry on with what i'm doing and look for a foundation year course.

i'm currently in year 12 and was looking into a physics degree later on of some sorts, there are foundation options out there but i'm really not sure, If i go to college i could get better alevels and stand a better chance when applying, buit i could in the long run be wasting a year. I've also only just realised that what university you go to also is a factor for jobs later in life so i don't wanna limit myself and my education.
I think that it depends on what you want...If you don't mind starting over go to a college and get those extra A levels but if you feel it would be a waste, go to university and apply for a foundation. Either way it's an extra year.
That's exactly true, what Juniperjosie said. Either way, a year will be gone. I would say scrap this year and start your 3 A levels afresh cuz it'll benefit you later in life (as doing the foundation year will be an added expense and only work out in the short term). But this year won't go to waste cuz you could just be working. Or perhaps (if you're feeling really determined to do well) self teach the A levels to get ahead of the game and when you go to college it'll be so much easier for you.

Quick Reply

Latest