Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    From what I've read, it seems like it's a bad idea to apply for two different courses at the same university - but is it more acceptable if the courses are similar? For example: 'biomedical science' and 'medical biochemistry' - or will this harm the chances of getting into that uni/course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    From what I've read, it seems like it's a bad idea to apply for two different courses at the same university - but is it more acceptable if the courses are similar? For example: 'biomedical science' and 'medical biochemistry' - or will this harm the chances of getting into that uni/course?
    I applied for Economics and MORSE at Warwick and got offers for both. I got the impression from my MORSE interview that they didn't know I'd even applied for the Economics course, as the applications were dealt with by different departments. I wouldn't have thought applying to those two would harm your chances, it might even demonstrate your enthusiasm at the prospect of studying at that university.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering that too,
    applying to both Physics with Astronomy and Natural Sciences.

ReputationRep:
    i applied for psychology and natural science at durham. got accepted by both departments but then got only got an offer from a college to study natural science. i think its different when your applying for a college as well, as obviously the college aint going to offer you two places as that would mean offering you the possiblities of 2 beds..one of which you definatly wont be taking.

otherwise, i dont think theres any harm in applying for 2 courses at the sme uni.

love KAty ***

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies

ReputationRep:
    Are you allowed to apply to 6 courses at the same uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Are you allowed to apply to 6 courses at the same uni?
    Hehe, like Durham that much do you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Hehe, like Durham that much do you?
    No, i was just wondering!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    No, i was just wondering!!!
    Hehe I know! No need to giant lime green font me

ReputationRep:
    I love giant lime greenness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Okey dokey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Okey dokey
    Sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Its my fav colour ever, my room used to have lime green walls :P Gave me a bit of a headache sometimes though!

ReputationRep:
    i applied to 2 courses at the same uni and got accepted by them both (they were very similar courses obviously)

and now one is my firm, the other is my insurance - even though they both ask for the same grades :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob24601)
    Its my fav colour ever, my room used to have lime green walls :P Gave me a bit of a headache sometimes though!
    Eek, i can imagine! When i was younger i had a friend who painted her room bright green and bright orange :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I applied for 3 different psychology courses at University of Wales, Bangor and got accepted for all 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tigger1986)
    Hi

I applied for 3 different psychology courses at University of Wales, Bangor and got accepted for all 3.
    Why did you apply for 3 similar courses at the same uni?

i know someone who applied for 5 courses at edinburgh, sadly got rejected by all but i believe she's harassed the admissions tutors into to giving her a place for something

ReputationRep:
    I know a guy from back at school who two yrs ago applied to Nottingham for all his 6 choices and got accepted into all! I think they must have been similiar choices with different modules, but it was damn risky!!

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter if you apply for 2 courses in the same university.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.