Turn on thread page Beta

Applying for 2 courses at the same uni watch

ReputationRep:
    From what I've read, it seems like it's a bad idea to apply for two different courses at the same university - but is it more acceptable if the courses are similar? For example: 'biomedical science' and 'medical biochemistry' - or will this harm the chances of getting into that uni/course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    From what I've read, it seems like it's a bad idea to apply for two different courses at the same university - but is it more acceptable if the courses are similar? For example: 'biomedical science' and 'medical biochemistry' - or will this harm the chances of getting into that uni/course?
    I applied for Economics and MORSE at Warwick and got offers for both. I got the impression from my MORSE interview that they didn't know I'd even applied for the Economics course, as the applications were dealt with by different departments. I wouldn't have thought applying to those two would harm your chances, it might even demonstrate your enthusiasm at the prospect of studying at that university.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering that too,
    applying to both Physics with Astronomy and Natural Sciences.

ReputationRep:
    i applied for psychology and natural science at durham. got accepted by both departments but then got only got an offer from a college to study natural science. i think its different when your applying for a college as well, as obviously the college aint going to offer you two places as that would mean offering you the possiblities of 2 beds..one of which you definatly wont be taking.

otherwise, i dont think theres any harm in applying for 2 courses at the sme uni.

love KAty ***

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies

ReputationRep:
    Are you allowed to apply to 6 courses at the same uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Are you allowed to apply to 6 courses at the same uni?
    Hehe, like Durham that much do you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Hehe, like Durham that much do you?
    No, i was just wondering!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    No, i was just wondering!!!
    Hehe I know! No need to giant lime green font me

ReputationRep:
    I love giant lime greenness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Okey dokey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Okey dokey
    Sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Its my fav colour ever, my room used to have lime green walls :P Gave me a bit of a headache sometimes though!

ReputationRep:
    i applied to 2 courses at the same uni and got accepted by them both (they were very similar courses obviously)

and now one is my firm, the other is my insurance - even though they both ask for the same grades :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob24601)
    Its my fav colour ever, my room used to have lime green walls :P Gave me a bit of a headache sometimes though!
    Eek, i can imagine! When i was younger i had a friend who painted her room bright green and bright orange :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I applied for 3 different psychology courses at University of Wales, Bangor and got accepted for all 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tigger1986)
    Hi

I applied for 3 different psychology courses at University of Wales, Bangor and got accepted for all 3.
    Why did you apply for 3 similar courses at the same uni?

i know someone who applied for 5 courses at edinburgh, sadly got rejected by all but i believe she's harassed the admissions tutors into to giving her a place for something

ReputationRep:
    I know a guy from back at school who two yrs ago applied to Nottingham for all his 6 choices and got accepted into all! I think they must have been similiar choices with different modules, but it was damn risky!!

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter if you apply for 2 courses in the same university.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.