How can I get windows 10 for free?

Watch
Badges: 4
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I want to get a gaming pc and build it my self but if I could ovoid buying windows 10 that would be great.

If I get windows 10 that adds on about another 100 pounds to by budget
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So you have enough money to think about building a gaming PC but believe it would be reasonable to obtain Windows 10 for free.

Just pay.

https://softwaregeeks.co.uk/product/windows-10-home-2/
Trevish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just see if you can still update win 8 to win 10 for free

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rockyboy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JackT2000)
I want to get a gaming pc and build it my self but if I could ovoid buying windows 10 that would be great.

If I get windows 10 that adds on about another 100 pounds to by budget
Here its from the official website:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/acce...)(1070355710)()
NotNotBatman
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10

Download this from another computer onto a USB and then skip the license thing when prompted.
(Original post by offhegoes)
So you have enough money to think about building a gaming PC but believe it would be reasonable to obtain Windows 10 for free.

Just pay.

Thanks that seems really cheap? Guess I'll have to order it soon and keep it for later
Fadel
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Uhm, pirate?

Just pay.

Is that a full version and fully functional and activated etc?

And if I were to order that now can I used it like in say 4 months time?
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is that a full version and fully functional and activated etc?

And if I were to order that now can I used it like in say 4 months time?
Yep that should be fine. I got mine from there in September.
Yep that should be fine. I got mine from there in September.
Does it work ok ?
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does it work ok ?
Of course! Activated no problem. I wouldn't be recommending it if it didn't...
Of course! Activated no problem. I wouldn't be recommending it if it didn't...
Ok thanks just am questioning because its cheap and do I install the 32 or 34 bit?

And if I purchase it now can I store it on my laptop and then transfer it to my USB once I get my PC?

Plus how did u activate it did u have to put in a code?
MathsAndCoffee
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got it for free, it was an automatic update so not too sure how I originally got it.
Trevish
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MathsAndCoffee)
I got it for free, it was an automatic update so not too sure how I originally got it.
You had windows 7 or 8? If yes, it's because of that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ok thanks just am questioning because its cheap and do I install the 32 or 34 bit?

And if I purchase it now can I store it on my laptop and then transfer it to my USB once I get my PC?

Plus how did u activate it did u have to put in a code?
It's just a code.

You get a link to download whichever version (32/64) is suitable for your computer - I'd imagine you'd go for 64 bit. But really the installation can be downloaded from the Microsoft website by anyone, usually to put on a DVD or (most likely) a USB stick to install from USB. You're really just paying for the code.

When you install it will prompt for a code to activate Windows. Go ahead and enter it. Any issues with the code or your internet connection and you can just skip it. Windows 10 actually runs in a slightly limited form for free, and you can just enter the code later, or not at all!

But I'd expect Microsoft to make life difficult for those not paying for Windows at some point in the future once they feel confident they've made Windows 10 sufficiently widespread.
It's just a code.

You get a link to download whichever version (32/64) is suitable for your computer - I'd imagine you'd go for 64 bit. But really the installation can be downloaded from the Microsoft website by anyone, usually to put on a DVD or (most likely) a USB stick to install from USB. You're really just paying for the code.

When you install it will prompt for a code to activate Windows. Go ahead and enter it. Any issues with the code or your internet connection and you can just skip it. Windows 10 actually runs in a slightly limited form for free, and you can just enter the code later, or not at all!

But I'd expect Microsoft to make life difficult for those not paying for Windows at some point in the future once they feel confident they've made Windows 10 sufficiently widespread.
Ok so they just email me a code which I can enter any time?

Whats the difference between 32 and 64 bit lol sorry
username1799249
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ok so they just email me a code which I can enter any time?

Whats the difference between 32 and 64 bit lol sorry
32/64 bit is to do with addressing size of the architecture. If you have 64 bit architecture your software will need to be installed to take advantage of it. That said I am yet to find and installation that gives you the choice. It just installs the optimum configuration.
(Original post by ByEeek)
32/64 bit is to do with addressing size of the architecture. If you have 64 bit architecture your software will need to be installed to take advantage of it. That said I am yet to find and installation that gives you the choice. It just installs the optimum configuration.
So do I install the 32 bit or 64 bit after I build my PC? How will I know which one to install?
username1799249
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So do I install the 32 bit or 64 bit after I build my PC? How will I know which one to install?
The installation package will work it out for you. 64 bit sw won't run on 32 bit architecture and visa versa.
jungle_ninja
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
The installation package will work it out for you. 64 bit sw won't run on 32 bit architecture and visa versa.
32-bit Windows will run quite happily on 64-bit architecture.

OP will almost certainly need 64-bit Windows unless his PC is from the 90's...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (404)
56.27%
I don't have everything I need (314)
43.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed