Edge Hill University - interview for Primary Education with QTS Watch

Everythingequine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Has anyone had their interview yet? I'm so nervous. Tips and advice would be appreciated.
futureteaching
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi,
I have an interview next week for Edgehill, and I am completely nervous about it as well. A couple of people, who have already had their interviews, have told me to do three main things. The first one is to be as confident and talkative as possible; interacting with both the students and staff, as well as also contributing to group activities. These sorts of interactions are what they are looking for when it comes to teaching. Secondly and most importantly, read through the booklet that was sent to your email telling you about what the interview consists of, and what you will need to do before hand. Also, do as much preparation beforehand; as the interview consists of one written task and subject knowledge tests (involving English, maths and science). My main point would be to go over the key point for maths, English and science in the booklet, as well as reading up on news articles for education for the written task. Overall, good luck with your interview and I hope it goes really well
Everythingequine
Rep:
?
(Original post by futureteaching)
Hi,
I have an interview next week for Edgehill, and I am completely nervous about it as well. A couple of people, who have already had their interviews, have told me to do three main things. The first one is to be as confident and talkative as possible; interacting with both the students and staff, as well as also contributing to group activities. These sorts of interactions are what they are looking for when it comes to teaching. Secondly and most importantly, read through the booklet that was sent to your email telling you about what the interview consists of, and what you will need to do before hand. Also, do as much preparation beforehand; as the interview consists of one written task and subject knowledge tests (involving English, maths and science). My main point would be to go over the key point for maths, English and science in the booklet, as well as reading up on news articles for education for the written task. Overall, good luck with your interview and I hope it goes really well
Hello,
Thanks so much for the reply! So helpful and informative. I will start reading up more about educational issues and use the Bitesize website for the knowledge tests

Hope you do great in your interview - Good luck!
futureteaching
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
"Hey!
You replied to one of my threads a week ago about the Edge Hill interview which was incredibly helpful. Just wanted to know how your interview went? Mines in a couple of days! So nervous"

Hi!

You messaged me the other week and from some reason, it will not let me reply to it. Mine went really well and I was offered a place two days later and thank you for asking. How did yours go?
Everythingequine
Rep:
?
"Hey!
You replied to one of my threads a week ago about the Edge Hill interview which was incredibly helpful. Just wanted to know how your interview went? Mines in a couple of days! So nervous"

Hi!

You messaged me the other week and from some reason, it will not let me reply to it. Mine went really well and I was offered a place two days later and thank you for asking. How did yours go?
Ah congrats!
They got back to me the next day and told me I got a place. I couldn't believe it!
futureteaching
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh good! Is Edgehill your top option?
Everythingequine
Rep:
?
Oh good! Is Edgehill your top option?
Still unsure yet, it's either Cumbria or Edge Hill. My heart is saying Edge Hill.
What about you?

Also I've not put any uni down as my firm/insurance choice yet - do you think we should make the decisions now?
Eob274
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have either of you received an applicant day invitation yet?
Everythingequine
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eob274)
Have either of you received an applicant day invitation yet?
No I don't think I have yet. Have you?
Eob274
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Everythingequine)
No I don't think I have yet. Have you?
I was asking for a friend we were going to go to the same applicant day - we both have offers but she hasn't got the applicant day invitation yet so I was wondering if it was just education courses that haven't had an applicant invitation?
Everythingequine
Rep:
?
I was asking for a friend we were going to go to the same applicant day - we both have offers but she hasn't got the applicant day invitation yet so I was wondering if it was just education courses that haven't had an applicant invitation?
Yeah I have a feeling a lot of people who want to study an educational course haven't received an applicant visit day. I think I'll email the admissions team just in case
phoebelindop1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
have you got any advice on what the task was regrading the educational issues?
hannahheth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi,
Hi, I have an interview in march and I am looking for some advice and some help. I have read through the emails they have sent me regarding the interview, however I'm not too sure what it involves, was looking for a deeper insight? I am incredibly nervous as I have been out of education for two years. Would just like to know more about the written task, how did you prepare for that and about the panel in your interview?

Would be much appreciated if you could get back to me!

Thanks x
futureteaching
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hannahheth)
Hi, I have an interview in march and I am looking for some advice and some help. I have read through the emails they have sent me regarding the interview, however I'm not too sure what it involves, was looking for a deeper insight? I am incredibly nervous as I have been out of education for two years. Would just like to know more about the written task, how did you prepare for that and about the panel in your interview?

Would be much appreciated if you could get back to me!

Thanks x
Hi!,

When I went to mine it start off with the tests, which consist of Maths, English, and Science as well as the written task. Whilst the tests are carried out groups will be taken away to have their single interview and group activity. You will be asked about 12 (I think) questions about your experiences in education (as in your work placement) in your single interview. In your group you will have an artfact (an object such as a toy or book) and talk about how you could incoporate it into the classroom e.g what subjects could it be used in? What years could it be used in? Etc. When you return from your interviews you will carry on with the tests. The written tasks are on a topic in education, mine was something to do with having on teacher teach and whether it was a good idea. All I suggest is to practice your subject knowledge for the three tests, brush up on education news such as TES and the Guardian, and be confident and yourself

- Good Luck! And don't be nervous it's not as hard as its sounds
futureteaching
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by phoebelindop1)
have you got any advice on what the task was regrading the educational issues?
Try The Guardian and TES for educational debates at the moment😊
futureteaching
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Hi,

All my friends and I have applied to Edgehill but only two of us have applied to do Primary Education and both of us haven't had anything on an applicant day. I don't think education don't have an applicant day or whether it is later in the year?
Eob274
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi,

All my friends and I have applied to Edgehill but only two of us have applied to do Primary Education and both of us haven't had anything on an applicant day. I don't think education don't have an applicant day or whether it is later in the year?
Yeah apparently because Education applicants visit the campus when they have their interview they don't get invited to an applicant day. It's a little weird since an interview and applicant day is different and other universities still invite people who have had interviews to an applicant day as well. :/
futureteaching
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah apparently because Education applicants visit the campus when they have their interview they don't get invited to an applicant day. It's a little weird since an interview and applicant day is different and other universities still invite people who have had interviews to an applicant day as well. :/
Hi,

I received an email from Edgehill the other day saying that there is an applicant day on the 12th of April for Primary Education
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (169)
61.68%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.01%
No- I want it (74)
27.01%
No- I don't want it (20)
7.3%

Watched Threads