Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I toyed with putting this in H+R, but thought I'd get more Uni students asking if I put it here (H+R is a scary place sometimes :p:!)

I was talking about this with a couple of friends - one has had a couple of injection boosters before University, and another was asking me whether we need immunisations and things before going. And also, there was a sheet about meningitus in the pack of things I recieved from my Uni. So my question is...

Did you have any injections before going to Uni?
    Do you remember what they were for?
    Given that I had all my standard childhood jabs (MMR and the like) and had the meningitus and BCG ones in my teens, do I need any more before Uni?

Rep available for helpfulness!!

ReputationRep:
    Good God no!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I should put 'not for needle-phobes' in the title of the thread :p:

ReputationRep:
    There's already something about this. I think you should go get whatever ones you need, not because you're going to uni but because you need them.

ReputationRep:
    Go to you doctor and ask what jabs you have had or have missed out on. If you have missed any of your childhood jabs or boosters probably your doctor will recommend that you get them before you go off to university. Sometimes if you register with a medical centre at you university they ask for the dates of all your childhood jabs as well so it's a good idea to have them and to know when you got them. But as for required jabs excluding the childhood ones then I haven't heard of any apart for those required for medics.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you'll need anymore. Although I had to get a mumps one before 6th form college, because it was going around then and apparently the mumps one I had when I was younger needs a booster in your teens...

ReputationRep:
    We have a thread on this subject already

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=446404

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, thanks. Sorry, I did a quick search but I'm not 100% au fait with the new search (okay, so it's hardly 'new' anymore, but I'm a technophobe...)

Thanks everyone :]

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.