Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Im really interested in taking geography at leicester , but i fear i may not do aswell as the BBB in there prospectus? it also says 300 points which i may be able to get if i include my AS level.

I was just wondering what kind of offers people have got in the past? and what grades they got to get into leicester? Im aiming for BBC?

Thanks for any help!

ReputationRep:
    Not too strict from what I've seen to be honest, aim as high as you can though, don't aim for BBC,you may just surprise yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I think they are fairly lienient, Ive spoken to numerous people who didnt meet the terms of their offer this year and still got in.
    One girl ive spoken to was given an offer of AAB, got BBB and still got in....apparently I only have her word for it obviously.

As Tomber said though, aim for higher than the BBB and you may have a nice surprise on results day.

ReputationRep:
    I was really close to getting AAB.

I think it depends on the amount of places the course has, and whether it will go into clearing. Look at the clearing list now and see if it has gone into clearing!

If your grades are nearly BBB, i think they are more likely to be lienant Just try your best, that's all you can do!

ReputationRep:
    they aren't that strict from what i can see, i was offered ABC (300 points) to study maths with astronomy and i got BBBC, they specified A in maths but i got a B in maths and further maths instead. So.
    If you think you can get BBC, then i'd apply. You'll probably get BBB anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lottie12)
    I was offered AAB to do Law, but only got BBB. (I think i may be the girl Louise is talking about.) However, i was really close to getting AAB... i was only 2 marks off an A in Maths and 4 off in my Law, so really it practically was AAB.

I think it depends on the amount of places the course has, and whether it will go into clearing. Look at the clearing list now and see if it has gone into clearing!

If your grades are nearly BBB, i think they are more likely to be lienant Just try your best, that's all you can do!
    :p: Nope, the girl I spoke to was doing English. Odd coincidance though, and well done on still getting in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisedotcom)
    :p: Nope, the girl I spoke to was doing English. Odd coincidance though, and well done on still getting in
    Haha, that is quite a coincidence!

I know this is random, but do you have facebook? I just realised who you may be.. I'm Charlotte N!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, that is quite a coincidence!

I know this is random, but do you have facebook? I just realised who you may be.. I'm Charlotte N!
    Yeah I have facebook, My cover has been blown!:nl:
    Charlotte Nevison out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    Yes!! And you must be Louise Farmer.. i guessed by attempt to find Huncote people in another thread :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yes!! And you must be Louise Farmer..
    :lolz: :lies:

ReputationRep:
    Yes!! And you must be Louise Farmer.. i guessed by attempt to find Huncote people in another thread :p:
    Im not Louise Farmer hehe
    Louise Farmer's in Foxton so not far wrong. She lives about 20 minutes away from my house too!
    My true identity is safe! I feel like a spy

ReputationRep:
    Well don't i just feel silly Sorry about the mix up..

Except now i'm wondering who you actually are! I feel so left out.. i think you're definitely all plotting against me :p:

Edit: Okay maybe you're not... I have it right this time.. I had your display picture in my head, just not the right name so i cheated and had a look :P Louise Young!! And if i'm not right this time, you really are just a spy!

ReputationRep:
    Well don't i just feel silly Sorry about the mix up..

Except now i'm wondering who you actually are! I feel so left out.. i think you're definitely all plotting against me :p:

Edit: Okay maybe you're not... I have it right this time.. I had your display picture in my head, just not the right name so i cheated and had a look :P Louise Young!! And if i'm not right this time, you really are just a spy!
    Bugger, now my cover really is blown!
    Indeed I am I can confirm it is true!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisedotcom)
    Bugger, now my cover really is blown!
    Indeed I am Louise young, I can confirm it is true!
    Hahaha, i am glad.. i don't think i could cope with the embarassment of getting it wrong again

ReputationRep:
    Louise, I think you are becoming somewhat famous in the Leicester Freshers community!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I envisage a bunch of random tsr stalkers adding you on facebook louise :ninja:

I can't believe how many of you there are this year, I think last year there were about 5 or so coming to Leicester. No doubt there will be a tsr bar crawl, full of massively awkward internet nerds at some point :p:

Good to see you're doing history Faery lights, fire away if you want to know anything about the course/ tutors etc...

ReputationRep:
    yea they wasn't many of us on here last year going to leicester!
    plus no one had facebook last year so it was alot harder to met anyone online before you went to uni!

ReputationRep:
    I think a TSR Bar Crawl would be hilarious!

And Tomber do you know if they send out Booklists before you arrive or give them to you when you get there? Only I'd like to be somewhat prepared before arriving instead of fighting off people to get the books I need!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.le.ac.uk/hi/ug/preliminaryreading.html - One of the modules seems to have changed from when I was in the first year.

I wrote a post on one of the threads here about reading for the first year for another fresher, I'll see if I can find it.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...=395162&page=4 - its about half way down. I think its still accurate in the light of the module change but I'm not sure, hope it helps a bit

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much! That's a great help!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.