2nd hand university books? Watch

This discussion is closed.
byb3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi,

My mother said that instead of buying brand new uni books that I should look into buying some second hand ones from students who have left etc.

Does anybody know where I can find a place like this? I am living in Newcastle and going to Sheffield on Sept 20th! Woohoo!

Ad
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by byb3)
Hi,

My mother said that instead of buying brand new uni books that I should look into buying some second hand ones from students who have left etc.

Does anybody know where I can find a place like this? I am living in Newcastle and going to Sheffield on Sept 20th! Woohoo!

Ad

What course ya doing?

Phil
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
where are you from in Newcastle? I'm also from there and went to Heaton Manor. Can't you just get the books from 2nd hand university shops in Sheffield when you go? Surely you'll not know exactly what you need yet (unless I'm completely wrong). Also, why does your member name sound like AQA Biology Module 3: Pysiology and Transport?

Ben. S.
byb3
Rep:
?
(Original post by PHIL)
What course ya doing?

Phil
lol yeah, good idea.

I am doing mathematics course G100. I think that is just basically pure mathematics.

Ad
byb3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Unregistered)
where are you from in Newcastle? I'm also from there and went to Heaton Manor. Can't you just get the books from 2nd hand university shops in Sheffield when you go? Surely you'll not know exactly what you need yet (unless I'm completely wrong). Also, why does your member name sound like AQA Biology Module 3: Pysiology and Transport?

Ben. S.
hi ben, i think you are the same person who emailed me, because we both went on the trip to jesus college in cambridge.

The similarity between byb3 and that is just a fluke! My name is short for blueyonderboy. It wasn't till after that I just thought, hey, thats weird.

I am not sure what I need yet, because I haven't received any mail telling me what I need to buy. Although knowing my parents I get mail addressed to me about a week after it arrives.

'Oh by the way Adam, this came for you last week'

Ad
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
For god's sake!!! Stop turning up all over the place!!! lol

Ben
byb3
Rep:
?
lol, I thought you found me on here to start with, but now i remember, it was with some corrections.

Anyway, where are you going next year Ben?

Ad
loftx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You could just try the uni when you get there - lots of them buy back 2nd hand books and sell them on to 1st years.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by loftx)
You could just try the uni when you get there - lots of them buy back 2nd hand books and sell them on to 1st years.
Try e-bay...they may have some!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by byb3)
lol, I thought you found me on here to start with, but now i remember, it was with some corrections.

Anyway, where are you going next year Ben?

Ad
Cambridge uni to do natural science! christ's coll. - it's first alphabetically and I couldn't be arsed to chose properly.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Cambridge uni to do natural science! christ's coll. - it's first alphabetically and I couldn't be arsed to chose properly.
Erm, unlikely. Christ's is by far the most academically selective. You don't just apply to Christs' on the off chance you might get in.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Oh, but I did - and I only had 3 A levels (I've already had a rant at people who do more on some other post). My interviews must have gone well - one of the guys said he liked my personal statement. It can't be THAT selective, surely.....although they did want all of my marks.......is that normal...?

Ben
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Erm, unlikely. Christ's is by far the most academically selective.
Apart from Trin.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by byb3)
hi ben, i think you are the same person who emailed me, because we both went on the trip to jesus college in cambridge.

The similarity between byb3 and that is just a fluke! My name is short for blueyonderboy. It wasn't till after that I just thought, hey, thats weird.

I am not sure what I need yet, because I haven't received any mail telling me what I need to buy. Although knowing my parents I get mail addressed to me about a week after it arrives.

'Oh by the way Adam, this came for you last week'

Ad
YOU ARE FAR TOO ENTHUSIASTIC FOR A 1ST YEAR UNI STUDENT. JUST GET THERE AND DRINK LOTS AND THEN WORRY ABOUT THE BOOKS!
THERE WILL DEFINITELY BE SOME KIND OF 2ND HAND BOOK SALE WHEN YOU GET THERE, JUST KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (24)
17.39%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (22)
15.94%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (29)
21.01%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (55)
39.86%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (2)
1.45%
No particular grades needed (6)
4.35%