Turn on thread page Beta

Hello, This is my first post

I was faced with a dilemma when Government & Politics was dropped from my chosen sixth form centre therefore I do not know which fourth subject to choose from.

I have done a bit of research into the subjects that I would require for University and I've been left with three that I am veering towards.

English Literature, Psychology or Economics?

I have out ruled English Lit for now as I am already taking English Language but I am curious if you could all give me more information on Psychology or Economics and help me make up my mind!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Psychology!
    It's brilliant, and I love it. Whilst some parts can be extremely boring, for the most part it's a really interesting subject.
    Do you know what exam board your school uses for psychology? Ours uses AQA, but say if your school is using WJEC the course is completely different and I think AQA spec 'A' is the best one. :p:

ReputationRep:
    you should take eng lit ..in replacement to english lang....and you should take economics if you're interested about our economy and if you enjoyed business studies, then this is your subject i guess

ReputationRep:
    Depends. Economics is seen as a more rigorous Alevel course, and will be more 'respected' come university applications. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Economics is a very well respected subject, psychology less so, though its a respectable subject in its own right.

I'd say economics personally, its so interesting.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.