Turn on thread page Beta

YEAR.11 in september?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    what are all you people who are going into yr.11 in sept up to during summer? any revising? any preparing for any exams modules.. mocks?

:tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    anyone..

ReputationRep:
    Yoyo:p:
    Just finished year 11, so I guess I can help!
    No need for preperation, just keep on top of homework / coursework during the year. You will probably have mocks around christmas time, of which you will need to do a sufficent amount of revision (don't over do it, after all they are mocks - but, remember they do help define your tier of entry for your real exams). You then, don't realy need to revise untill around Easter time - but, everybody is different, if you don't fully understand what you have been taught start a little earlier.

It's also good, to review work you have done during the school day - half an hour or so being sufficent. This will ensure you have understood all the content, and should be done on a daily basis. On a weekend, maybe spend another hour or so, reading other the weeks work; this will realy help come exam time, as you will simply need to recap, as in theory you will have been activly revising throughout the entire year. Although this may seem a pain, believe me, it'll make things alot less strenuous come exam time, where you will feel relaxed and calm, knowing you can fulfill your full potential.

Maybe even more importantly, don't become a recluse (as I nearly did:p: ) you still need to see your freinds and have some fun. Excersize is always good, it'll leave you feeling refreshed and ready to work.

Year 11 is not difficult, trust me Try your best, give it your best shot, and you will succeed.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for replying

"You then, don't realy need to revise untill around Easter time - but, everybody is different, if you don't fully understand what you have been taught start a little earlier."

arrr that's the kinda person i am. not understanding fully.

everything i've learn't in year.10 has been washed away!
    i don't remember anything seriously!!

thanks for all the other advice, and taking time to write all that!!:p:

(Original post by JordanSHowarth)
    Yoyo:p:
    Just finished year 11, so I guess I can help!
    No need for preperation, just keep on top of homework / coursework during the year. You will probably have mocks around christmas time, of which you will need to do a sufficent amount of revision (don't over do it, after all they are mocks - but, remember they do help define your tier of entry for your real exams). You then, don't realy need to revise untill around Easter time - but, everybody is different, if you don't fully understand what you have been taught start a little earlier.
    It's also good, to review work you have done during the school day - half an hour or so being sufficent. This will ensure you have understood all the content, and should be done on a daily basis. On a weekend, maybe spend another hour or so, reading other the weeks work; this will realy help come exam time, as you will simply need to recap, as in theory you will have been activly revising throughout the entire year. Although this may seem a pain, believe me, it'll make things alot less strenuous come exam time, where you will feel relaxed and calm, knowing you can fulfill your full potential.

Maybe even more importantly, don't become a recluse (as I nearly did:p: ) you still need to see your freinds and have some fun. Excersize is always good, it'll leave you feeling refreshed and ready to work.

Year 11 is not difficult, trust me Try your best, give it your best shot, and you will succeed.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, don't worry. Year 10 isn't exactly used to learn stuff for exams, it's for coursework! Take my advice and I can assure you, you'll be fine, I promise

Start a few weeks before easter then. Anything you don't understand ask your teacher, straight away, dont sweep over it. This will make revision a breeze.

ReputationRep:
    :dcheers

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha!
    Enjoy the crappiest year ever!

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

What i have decided to do, because i want straight A*'s is to revise whatever i learned that day before my tea, then after tea i will get my mum to test me and if i do not know it i will save it until Saturday then revise it again as well as Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon i will best tested again, Whatever i get incorrect i will take a note of to remind me i need extra time on that topic nearer the exams.

Even though Year 11 might be easy i would suggest going over some of your Year 10 coursework and get a few extra marks, it'll put less preasure on you in the exam.

Hope it helped.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ^ Planning to have a social life this year then ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Couldxbe)
    ^ Planning to have a social life this year then ?
    Leave her/him alone... its his/her choice. (kingdan... but you never know )

Compulsiveness like that is good... and don't worry Dan, anyone can get all A*s if you put all the effort in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielIvtsan)
    Leave her/him alone... its his/her choice. (kingdan... but you never know )

Compulsiveness like that is good... and don't worry Dan, anyone can get all A*s if you put all the effort in
    That's very true

ReputationRep:
    well thanks for the advice kingdan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingdan02)
    Hello,

What i have decided to do, because i want straight A*'s is to revise whatever i learned that day before my tea, then after tea i will get my mum to test me and if i do not know it i will save it until Saturday then revise it again as well as Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon i will best tested again, Whatever i get incorrect i will take a note of to remind me i need extra time on that topic nearer the exams.

Even though Year 11 might be easy i would suggest going over some of your Year 10 coursework and get a few extra marks, it'll put less preasure on you in the exam.

Hope it helped.
    Going a little to the extreme there lol. You seriously don't need to be doing that much work! And please don't aim for straight A*s because you can only be disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancingbeth)
    Going a little to the extreme there lol. You seriously don't need to be doing that much work! And please don't aim for straight A*s because you can only be disappointed.

I aimed for straight A*s and I wasn't...

ReputationRep:
    10 A* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    You know what I mean :rolleyes: I just think it is better to work hard and aim for A*s but not get yourself into the attitude that if you get any less you are going to crawl into a corner and die.

And Cal what's so funny?

ReputationRep:
    And that is one of the reason's i am aiming that high. All my life, because i live in a small town and go to low grade schools everybody has said, "Oh don't do this because you'll be dissapointed." and all i think is , the only thing that disappoints me is you not beleiving in me, and i want to prove everyobdy wrong. My first idea was to get A*'s and A's but i thought, "i'm intelligent i may as well go the full way and do it properly". (I'm also a perfectionist if you hadn't guessed).

By the way thank you for all the people who stuck up for me. Much appreciated.

Ps: Even if i am disappointed so what, disappointment wont lower my grades ubt not trying my best and aiming for something within my reach will lower them.

ReputationRep:
    You know what I mean :rolleyes: I just think it is better to work hard and aim for A*s but not get yourself into the attitude that if you get any less you are going to crawl into a corner and die.

And Cal what's so funny?
    Just the way in which prash made his post :p:

ReputationRep:
    just have funnnnnn the whole year, don't workkkkkkkkkkkkk and chill with your friends (don't smoke though. smoking is BAD. but drinking is ownage :p:). I did all that and look at my results...

Nah just kidding: don't bother revising way before the exams: one month before the first exam will do. But throughout the whole year, make sure you pay attention in class, work hard on coursework and finish all of your homework on time and to a good standard.

Don't ruin months of your life by being a bookworm and revising ages before the exam... (like a lot of nerds here :p:), but at least maintain a balance between your hobbies and homework. Sport is good especially during the exam period because i found it greatly relieved my stress.

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.