The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

wesetters
I always check the change slots in the machines in the metro - people tend to forget to pick up their coins when the train gets into the station :biggrin:

Perhaps they leave it because of the 'druggies think it's fun to leave used needles in coin return slots' urban legend...at least I hope it's an urban legend or I'm using the correct change from now on
Reply 21
Picnico
However, as the vending machine is always on private property (works premise etc) then any lost items, which the cans would have become, would be the company's property unless claimed by their rightful owner.

Lord save us from first year law students...

If you found a can of soft drink in the middle of the street, it could be a different case as the police would not expect anyone to hand in anything of such low value- however whether you want to drink a can that had been found in the middle of the street is another case.

Actually, I recall a rather charming case where a bunch of Hebrideans found a bunch of rejected cans (of beer) in a skip, asked the hotel manager if they could have them (he said yes) and took them. They were charged with theft on the grounds that as the cans were abandoned when disposed of, they had become property of the Crown.

Hehe.
removed
This thread has reminded me of this. Anyone ever tried this? :p:

I don't get it. What did he do? :confused:
The vending machine downstairs used to give out a couple of quid everytime you pushed the coin return thing.
~x~FairyDust~x~
I don't get it. What did he do? :confused:

It looks like he bloked the first thing he bought from coming out thus tricking the machine into thinking it had failed to dispense and thus enabling him to get his money back. When he bought another item the first item dropped out too so he got the first item for free.
Reply 25
Fishfinger Sandwich
I was at work today, in the tea room at dinner time. Everyone was just having their dinner as normal until suddenly, the vending machine started dishing out 7 ups. So after a cheer of "wheeeeeeeeey!!!!" everyone started crowding round and grabbing cans to have with their dinner and putting some in the staff fridge. It was brill.:cool:
We spent the rest of our dinner time discussing "7 up contests", seeing how much people could drink etc. Now we've got a fridge full of the stuff so no doubt we'll all have some more free cans tomorrow (unless the pop man finds out).
Some of us managed to bag some cans to take home. :sly:

What are your views on taking from generous vending machines?
Is it theft? Is this just the sort of thing that people selling a product via a machine just have to live with (one of the risks of doing so)?

rofl sounds great :smile: well i don't think it's theft, it's just taking advantage of a malufunction :wink: i would have done it...
in my sixth form common room we have a vending machine and some of the boys know how to get two drinks for the price of one:confused: of course they don't tell anyone else there little secret.
Reply 27
at my high school when the vending machine swallowed someones money they had to go to reception and they used to pretend they put £2 not £1... :p:
It's quite blatantly theft, but slightly sneakier and done in a way such that you feel as though it's slightly less immoral than something like shop lifting.

Reminds me of this one time at my work, the vendo stopped working, so the people working in the canteen had to open the vendo, and then it was just a mass free for all with everyone grabbing everything :cool: (curse my lack of faith)
I think the pop man found out. When we went to the staff fridge today to get some of our winnings, we found it was empty :frown:
Unless some greedy git pinched them all.
In college, one vending machine in particular likes to give out excessive amounts of fruit pastilles and other tube-shaped sweets. I think the lady who fills them up does it wrong, cos everytime you choose one, two come out.
My brother put like 50p into some random vending machine for a bar of chocolate and it swallowed his money and then the machine broke so my mum angrily called up the vending machine people and got 2 bars of chocolate free. Lol at the patheticness of it all. I hate vending machines, they never work.
If the vending machine is ridiculously over-priced, then go for it. :p: Like £1.40 for a bottle of Coke at the airport. I wouldn't hesitate to bag a few if more than one came out.
personally i think is wrong, but hey they are making huge profits off you, so its time for the little guy to have his day!:biggrin:

Its a bit like that ATM which started spitting out more money than it was debiting
There was a vending machine on holiday which dispensed 2 bottles of coke instead of 1 when I pressed the button twice quickly. I tried it again, and it worked again.

Latest

Trending

Trending