The Student Room Group

Anyone on cerelle please help :)

hi, I am currently on Cerelle and was wondering how many of you on it have stopped getting periods/bleeding etc?

I had an awful time of bleeding for 3 out of 4 weeks of the month for the first 3 months then it finally stopped.
I was so pleased, however I had a bleed the other day and keep getting spotting.
Is this normal?

What are your experiences with this pill?

I don't know if I should try the implant instead... Thoughts?

Any replies are helpful :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
hi, I am currently on Cerelle and was wondering how many of you on it have stopped getting periods/bleeding etc?

I had an awful time of bleeding for 3 out of 4 weeks of the month for the first 3 months then it finally stopped.
I was so pleased, however I had a bleed the other day and keep getting spotting.
Is this normal?

What are your experiences with this pill?

I don't know if I should try the implant instead... Thoughts?

Any replies are helpful :smile:

I took it for just over 2 years, had periods for 6 months then nothing for over a year (although i got bloating after most meals for that year even if i didnt eat much which was quite frustrating) , then had irregular bleeding randomly for a month and some nausea on top then stopped taking it.
If you look at the leaflet that comes with it, it explains how irregular bleeding is possible with it and since it's a mini pill it doesnt always regulate cycles in people like combined pills do. As the implant is progestrone only also it may help it may not, if you're concerned go speak to your doctor.

Quick Reply

Latest