Revision for mocks

Watch
Bence9912
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Ok so mocks are coming up very soon for me at the start of February so i want to get a lot of revision done.I will be doing tests in Biology, Chemistry and a level maths.I have achieved A*A*A Representative in Christmas tests doing and revising from mindmaps. I have timed my self and i can fully memorize about 3 mindmaps (consist of 2 pages stuck together) per 2 hours of study. I think this results in slow progress. Does anyone know any other usefull revision techniques or strategies which result in faster memorization and/or learning of notes. Maybe even to test myself regularly ?

Thanks

Jozanic
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bence9912)
Ok so mocks are coming up very soon for me at the start of February so i want to get a lot of revision done.I will be doing tests in Biology, Chemistry and a level maths.I have achieved A*A*A Representative in Christmas tests doing and revising from mindmaps. I have timed my self and i can fully memorize about 3 mindmaps (consist of 2 pages stuck together) per 2 hours of study. I think this results in slow progress. Does anyone know any other usefull revision techniques or strategies which result in faster memorization and/or learning of notes. Maybe even to test myself regularly ?

Thanks
I guess one effective way of revising is doing practice papers (probably 2 or 3 per week so you don't run out) and recognising a pattern which you can ultimately take advantage of. Can be seen as a 'cheeky' way of revising because some people only revise FOR the exam rather than revising by understanding the concepts and content of whatever subject.

Also, don't memorise too much - the worst thing is when you walk into the exam with piles and piles of stuff you've memorised that you can forget in an instant if you're caught under-pressure. So I think the best way is to understand and do past papers (especially for maths!). Keep doing mindmaps but try to understand the concepts. Good luck!
Bence9912
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Jozanic)
I guess one effective way of revising is doing practice papers (probably 2 or 3 per week so you don't run out) and recognising a pattern which you can ultimately take advantage of. Can be seen as a 'cheeky' way of revising because some people only revise FOR the exam rather than revising by understanding the concepts and content of whatever subject.

Also, don't memorise too much - the worst thing is when you walk into the exam with piles and piles of stuff you've memorised that you can forget in an instant if you're caught under-pressure. So I think the best way is to understand and do past papers (especially for maths!). Keep doing mindmaps but try to understand the concepts. Good luck!
good advice thanks
practice papers in maths are quite good as questions are usually similar style
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (254)
34%
No (493)
66%

Watched Threads