The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I bet it will be VERY expensive.

Perhaps you can develop an alternative to going to the gym
Reply 2
Yeh I need to go to the gym to do weights sadly. And the pool will be a bonus. Oh well.... More expensive than LA Fitness?? I thought DL would be as it's kind of posh!
Looking at around 40-50quid I would bet. Maybe cheaper for students
Reply 4
if you have space at home, consider buying some weights. A year of gym membership would buy a really good set up at home.
Reply 5
I would but I'm not living in my house and have zilcho room for weights unfortunately. Had already considered that as it would be more benficial in the long run to have my own. Sadly not feasible right now :frown:
Reply 6
david lloyd suck man genitles. they charge upwards of 50 per month and pay thier personal trainers bugger all. burn it down if anything:smile:
Reply 7
i go to David Lloyd :biggrin:

It cost me about £160/180 for 3 months at a discounted rate cos i got a "couple" membership with my brother :s: so it worked out around £180 each for the summer back from uni.

def worth it though. fab equipment! and i go most days usually so def make good use of the membership :smile: the outdoor pools are amazing :biggrin:
Reply 8
lovely, you pay them 180 each and they cant spare me more than 6 pounds per hour. nice.
Reply 9
bearing in mind gym instructors get all the free use of everything so you dont have to pay the £180 or whatever!

seems a pretty good deal to me. :smile:
Reply 10
trust me, working for 8 hours in a gym, you dont want to use it yourself. either way, i dont wish to hijack the post any further. BURN IT DOWN!
Reply 11
To be fair that aint that bad a price if you can use everything. Thanks for the info Jen.
Reply 12
InaSpin - if your looking for a cheeper alternative maybe try the council owned gyms - many are in sports centres/pools/community centres and quite often people just don't know the facilites are there. They usually have decent sports equipment - although the pay off is the changing areas and such aren't as fancy.

OR - I know your not far from a station - most have a rule for local people being able to access the gym - I can't remember the exact critera but might be worth having a look into.
i second the council run gyms - sadly the ones i go to doesnt have the pool or any luxuries.

paying £50 a month for the gym is only worth it if you really use it a lot - 2-3 visits a week doesnt quite it it IMO unless you spend a LOT of time there (or you are laoded)
Reply 14
Isis07
InaSpin - if your looking for a cheeper alternative maybe try the council owned gyms - many are in sports centres/pools/community centres and quite often people just don't know the facilites are there. They usually have decent sports equipment - although the pay off is the changing areas and such aren't as fancy.

OR - I know your not far from a station - most have a rule for local people being able to access the gym - I can't remember the exact critera but might be worth having a look into.

Yeah I'm not sure on the rules, I need to find out. I'm quite a long way from Council gyms, I did the research and the price in petrol makes it a lot more expensive.

Latest