The Student Room Group

A Level Coursework remark

I've just been looking at my results slip for French again and I'm confused about my coursework mark. Basically my teacher when she marked them gave me a mark of 82/90 or something, which was an A grade, but it's obviously been remarked by the exam board after the moderation process and I ended up with a C. The thing that confuses me though is

Firstly, surely my grade wouldn't drop by two grades? and if that's possible then fair enough, but...
Why, if my teacher was intentionally being too liberal with her marking, would she give two members of my class (there were four of us in total) a D and a U?
When coursework gets remarked by the exam board I assume that everyone from that centre gets theirs remarked too? So why did my classmates' grades stay exactly the same, especially the one who also got an A?

I read on the edexcel website that you can only get coursework remoderated if you send back everyone's coursework which I think is really unfair. I've already been declined a place on my first choice course because of this and I know I've missed the deadline for a priority remark so this is just for my peace of mind really. So really what I'm asking is, is it worth it going though the hassle of getting my teacher to get everyone's coursework remoderated, or not?

Latest