Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    OK, the A grade that I get (the one), I'll try and split it in half so that we can share it!
    What about me? I want an A too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icetopaz_h454)
    So guys, are you all nervous?!
    You're nervous now? Wait until the actual day. I got my A-levels last year. When I was opening up the envelope, everything want hazy. I was shaking like hell and as I looked at the results sheet, the letters hardly registered. I was still shaking for about 5 hours after that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    We'll split it 3 ways

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    mmm, looks like I'm going to need to do better than 1 A so that I can share some of it! Thing is, there may not be much to share so don't be too dissapointed on results day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    You're nervous now? Wait until the actual day. I got my A-levels last year. When I was opening up the envelope, everything want hazy. I was shaking like hell and as I looked at the results sheet, the letters hardly registered. I was still shaking for about 5 hours after that.

oh come on...its only results...i beg to differ i feel so excited on results day..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by integral_neo)
    oh come on...its only results...i beg to differ i feel so excited on results day..
    Excited?! You mentalist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Excited?! You mentalist!
    Well, it is exciting, just in a nerve-wracking, shaking kind of way..

ReputationRep:
    Hehe. If you say so. I tend to run off with my envelope, put it in my bag, and spend 3 hours working up the courage to open it!

ReputationRep:
    Hehe. If you say so. I tend to run off with my envelope, put it in my bag, and spend 3 hours working up the courage to open it!
    3 hours?! You are joking right?!

Yep i agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    3 hours?! You are joking right?!
    It took me about 2 hours to open my GCSE results!!

ReputationRep:
    It took me about 2 hours to open my GCSE results!!
    Aww! I took me about 5 minutes. And the same with my Jan AS results

ReputationRep:
    Excited?! You mentalist!
    Yes I feel very excited to find out whether my hard work has paid off or not if i have the envelope in hand I would not wait another second to open it! trust me its not mental! its just that im eager to find out the result of all the hard work...cant wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Aww! I took me about 5 minutes. And the same with my Jan AS results
    Hehe. I didn't do any modules in Jan. I suppose that's good for you cos you have a rough idea of how you've done for parts of it at least. I think I'll just try and be brave enough to rip my results open straight away! 2 weeks! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Hehe. I didn't do any modules in Jan. I suppose that's good for you cos you have a rough idea of how you've done for parts of it at least. I think I'll just try and be brave enough to rip my results open straight away! 2 weeks! :eek:
    Two weeks is way too long but i am really calm about it this year.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously guys, AS results arent the be all and end all. Sure they go on your UCAS form but they dont determine anything. You can always resit, and put some ********ting in your PS to say that you hope to do loads better in the resits.

Think how youll feel when you NEED certain grades to meet your offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *dave*)
    Terrible!

ReputationRep:
    Terrible!
    thanx for adding me in ur sig

ReputationRep:
    Noooo! How dare you! Another results day related thread! *Weeps*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *dave*)
    Seriously guys, AS results arent the be all and end all. Sure they go on your UCAS form but they dont determine anything. You can always resit, and put some ********ting in your PS to say that you hope to do loads better in the resits.

Yeah but all resits are good for is improving your A2 grade. The results of your resits are after the UCAs deadline, when most of the uni offers will have already been given out. Most places will go to people that have good AS results, rather than people that say 'I know my ASs are bad, but my A2s will be good, promise!'. I know A2 people have way more pressure on them, but ASs are still v.important!

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the way us AS level people are made to feel so inferior so the A2 people I know that they aren't 'the be all and end all' but still, they are still quite important exams because they will be going on my UCAS form and i don't want to end up doing 13 resits in January!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.