Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Yeah but all resits are good for is improving your A2 grade. The results of your resits are after the UCAs deadline, when most of the uni offers will have already been given out. Most places will go to people that have good AS results, rather than people that say 'I know my ASs are bad, but my A2s will be good, promise!'. I know A2 people have way more pressure on them, but ASs are still v.important!
    If you get one ad grade...you can reject it then...and it won't show up on your UCAS form..tis what i did

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    I don't like the way us AS level people are made to feel so inferior so the A2 people I know that they aren't 'the be all and end all' but still, they are still quite important exams because they will be going on my UCAS form and i don't want to end up doing 13 resits in January!
    Lol, I know exactly what you mean...I was in your shoes this time last year remember.

Im just trying to reassure you that these results wont kill u if theyre bad lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    If you get one ad grade...you can reject it then...and it won't show up on your UCAS form..tis what i did

G
    My school doesn't let you. We have to declare all our ASs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *dave*)
    Lol, I know exactly what you mean...I was in your shoes this time last year remember.

Im just trying to reassure you that these results wont kill u if theyre bad lol.
    Yeah i know but some people, not you, seem to completely dismiss AS levels and it annoys me.

ReputationRep:
    They won't let you reject a grade!!! :eek: That's absurd....are you sure..cos officially rejecting the grade in effect means yo didn't take it....so you shouldn't have to declare it. What a silly school!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Yeah i know but some people, not you, seem to completely dismiss AS levels and it annoys me.
    WOW!! I'm in your sig!!!

Don't worry..ignore the AS dismissing monkeys..good AS mod marks set you up well for A2s....

G

ReputationRep:
    My school wouldn't actually let me declare my Maths results. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    They won't let you reject a grade!!! :eek: That's absurd....are you sure..cos officially rejecting the grade in effect means yo didn't take it....so you shouldn't have to declare it. What a silly school!!!

G
    Yep, definately sure It is a silly school!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    My school wouldn't actually let me declare my Maths results. :rolleyes:
    Huh?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    I don't like the way us AS level people are made to feel so inferior so the A2 people I know that they aren't 'the be all and end all' but still, they are still quite important exams because they will be going on my UCAS form and i don't want to end up doing 13 resits in January!
    In my experience AS results are far more important than they should be. That is not in any way putting down the importance of AS results, quite the opposite in fact, because they determine what universities think of you. If you do badly in your AS's but are in fact more capable then you will not get the university offers you deserve.

I really wish the system considered applications AFTER A2 results because then it would be fairer for those who did badly at AS, but made up for it after resits and A2.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, definately sure It is a silly school!
    That's disgraceful..you should complain to the governors or something....they're jeopardising your application to university!!! Give em a slap!!!!!

Don't worry Ellie...you'll get top grades anyway...won't need to reject any!

G

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry about AS GRADES ... its the UMS that ACTUALLY count, unless ur dropping a subject.

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry about AS GRADES ... its the UMS that ACTUALLY count, unless ur dropping a subject.
    I'm quite confident of achieving the grades i want but i'm worried about getting low UMS for that grade e.g. 240/300 and then going onto A2 and getting a B or getting a low B and dropping to a C.

ReputationRep:
    Good point....some people i know were clever enough to put in loads of effort last year to get more or less full marks in everything....meaning they only need like...60% to get an A overall ...clever people!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    I'm quite confident of achieving the grades i want but i'm worried about getting low UMS for that grade e.g. 240/300 and then going onto A2 and getting a B or getting a low B and dropping to a C.
    Retake in Jan. It's not as bad as many people think...plus...if that goes poorly..you can retake again in June next year..though that's less fun..

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Yes, but as long as you get good grades, it looks impressive on the form, and UMS scroe isn't required anyway. You can always retake a module here and there in Jan/June next year to bump up the UMS, after uni application etc where it won't matter!

ReputationRep:
    I really really hope i can get my AAAAA,it's been killing me since the 26th of june though it's more likely to be AAAAB or worse....the thought of it kills me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Yes, but as long as you get good grades, it looks impressive on the form, and UMS scroe isn't required anyway. You can always retake a module here and there in Jan/June next year to bump up the UMS, after uni application etc where it won't matter!
    Definately. I just don't think I'll get the grades, never mind high UMS!!

ReputationRep:
    Definately. I just don't think I'll get the grades, never mind high UMS!!
    Are your teachers expecting you to get straight A's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Huh?! :confused:
    I did Double Maths, and my teachers thought that in order to have the best chance of getting two A-grades, you shouldn't cash any of your modules in until the end of the Upper Sixth, so that you could have the optimal combination of modules for Single Maths + Further Maths. But if you don't cash in, then you can't actually declare any AS grades (although you can mention module results in a teacher's ref or PS). I told them I'd rather just cash in my Lower Sixth modules and focus on Further Maths, but they insisted. *shrug*

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.