Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So, grades? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Are your teachers expecting you to get straight A's?
    Yep. But I'm not so confident after some of the papers I sat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Ah..you'll be fine..don't worry about it!!

G

ReputationRep:
    Which ones did you feel didn't go too great, and which ones did? I know you said you found German quite tricky, but what about the others?

ReputationRep:
    Which ones did you feel didn't go too great, and which ones did? I know you said you found German quite tricky, but what about the others?
    On the whole, the others were fine really, I'm pretty confident I got at least Bs in Geog, Bio and Econ, it's just that I do see myself getting a D in German. But anyway, can't do anything about it now can I, suppose I'll just have to wait and see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    I really really hope i can get my AAAAA,it's been killing me since the 26th of june though it's more likely to be AAAAB or worse....the thought of it kills me...
    Would you really be unhappy with AAAAB?

You need your head screwed on mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *dave*)
    Would you really be unhappy with AAAAB?

You need your head screwed on mate.
    Surely that'd be easily enough to meet the offer? I mean her hardest offer must have been AAA...

ReputationRep:
    On the whole, the others were fine really, I'm pretty confident I got at least Bs in Geog, Bio and Econ, it's just that I do see myself getting a D in German. But anyway, can't do anything about it now can I, suppose I'll just have to wait and see
    There is NO CHANCE that youll get a D in German. Considering about the top third nationally get A's in languages.

ReputationRep:
    There is NO CHANCE that youll get a D in German. Considering about the top third nationally get A's in languages.
    Last year loads of people in my school got D's and E's, because AQA marked it harshly and the questions were ridiculous. This year, the questions were ridiculous again. It could happen!

ReputationRep:
    She said that she found it quite tricky, which is fair enough, but surely the boundaries would be lower?

As for 1/3 of all those who sit the exam get an A, are you sure?!! I'm sure it's much less than that...

ReputationRep:
    Surely that'd be easily enough to meet the offer? I mean her hardest offer must have been AAA...
    You're wrong it was BBB and i'm still mad!

ReputationRep:
    Last year loads of people in my school got D's and E's, because AQA marked it harshly and the questions were ridiculous. This year, the questions were ridiculous again. It could happen!
    Somebody somewhere has to do well....and it's gonna be you Ellie!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    She said that she found it quite tricky, which is fair enough, but surely the boundaries would be lower?

As for 1/3 of all those who sit the exam get an A, are you sure?!! I'm sure it's much less than that...
    Don't all subjects give out the same proportion of As, Bs, Cs etc. I thought that was what UMS were all about?? :confused: I don't know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Somebody somewhere has to do well....and it's gonna be you Ellie!!!!

G
    Heh, thanks for the vote of confidence

ReputationRep:
    The Unit 3 biology paper was stupid. And i've got a C/D for coursework oops. I really need ABB for my AS grades but i also am thinking that I'll get a C for chemistry. It would be nice to lift the pressure of january retakes a little by doing well now.

ReputationRep:
    Heh, thanks for the vote of confidence
    All i'm doing is telling it like it is

G

ReputationRep:
    Don't all subjects give out the same proportion of As, Bs, Cs etc. I thought that was what UMS were all about?? :confused: I don't know!
    mmm, I think that isn't true Ellie, the %'s attaining A Grades varies from subject to subject.

For example:

Last year, at A2, 8% achieved an A grade in Computing
    Last year, at A2, 39% achieved an A grade in Mathematics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramaya)
    The Unit 3 biology paper was stupid. And i've got a C/D for coursework oops. I really need ABB for my AS grades but i also am thinking that I'll get a C for chemistry. It would be nice to lift the pressure of january retakes a little by doing well now.
    I did OCR biology and i found one of my exams really...strange. Also, an English language exam of mine went really badly! Eek!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramaya)
    The old methane paper? Hehe It was stupid!!!

ReputationRep:
    AQA say that 24.43% of students got an A in German at AS last year. 30.03% got an A at A2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    AQA say that 24.43% of students got an A in German at AS last year. 30.03% got an A at A2.
    Well fingers crossed I'm one of them!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.