Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    AQA say that 24.43% of students got an A in German at AS last year. 30.03% got an A at A2.
    Where did you get your figures from? :eek: Is that true?All my subjects are AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    I did OCR biology and i found one of my exams really...strange. Also, an English language exam of mine went really badly! Eek!
    I'm holding onto the hope that maybe, because it was so hard, everyone found it hard, and so the grade boundaries will be lower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Well fingers crossed I'm one of them!
    I'm sure you will be. Most capable students seriously underestimate the grades they get.

ReputationRep:
    Aww everyone's so lovely. You've all made me feel loads better! *Hugggggggggggssssssssss for all of you!*

ReputationRep:
    The old methane paper? Hehe It was stupid!!!
    Yep that one! Thats definatley one paper i need to retake!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Where did you get your figures from? :eek: Is that true?All my subjects are AQA
    Go to this page, select your subject, and click "Examiners' Reports" at the top. Then download the report for a particular exam session, and search for "Advanced Subsidiary award" or "Advanced award". They give you stats on all their subjects I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramaya)
    Yep that one! Thats definatley one paper i need to retake!
    The grade boundaries will be rock bottom for that paper. Every single person I've come across that took it, found it really really weird!

ReputationRep:
    The grade boundaries will be rock bottom for that paper. Every single person I've come across that took it, found it really really weird!
    Same here, and also its only 15% which isn't too bad.

ReputationRep:
    Same here, and also its only 15% which isn't too bad.
    Yeah. I've no idea what I got in my coursework, but I think it was quite good, so hopefully it'll average out!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I've no idea what I got in my coursework, but I think it was quite good, so hopefully it'll average out!
    Mehhh coursework.... grrrr stupid biology department! Have to start the A" coursework over the summer too about fun plant diversity in a meadow.

ReputationRep:
    Mehhh coursework.... grrrr stupid biology department! Have to start the A" coursework over the summer too about fun plant diversity in a meadow.
    Me too! I've already been on a 9 day field trip and got all my data, and we were made to do the plan and stats test while we were there. The complete project is due in the first day back! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Me too! I've already been on a 9 day field trip and got all my data, and we were made to do the plan and stats test while we were there. The complete project is due in the first day back! :eek:
    :eek: If i carry on with biology i won't have to do the A2 coursework until Jan!

ReputationRep:
    Thats a bit extreme! I've done the plan and the table for the stupid stats test but thats about it. My trip was 4 days but 3 days were used to show us about 5 techniques which we only ended up using one of. You mustve spent a while gathering information....?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    :eek: If i carry on with biology i won't have to do the A2 coursework until Jan!
    Mine will be all done by Sept 3rd!

ReputationRep:
    It took me about 2 hours to open my GCSE results!!
    I think it'll probably take me ages aswell and I'll bet I just go and hide from everyone and start crying (probably) then everyone will stare at me funny

ReputationRep:
    Thats a bit extreme! I've done the plan and the table for the stupid stats test but thats about it. My trip was 4 days but 3 days were used to show us about 5 techniques which we only ended up using one of. You mustve spent a while gathering information....?
    Well 2 days were just travelling, and 2 days were more of a sit on the beach, go down the pub holiday. It was only the other 5 that were actually techniques and data collection.

ReputationRep:
    Well they're going to invent special grades for me:
    Biology-Y
    Chemistry-Z
    Maths -Z
    French - (Can hopefully scrape an A, but something could have gone drastically wrong, so bracing myself for another Y).

I'm quite excited about this. Getting a Z has to be an acheivement of sorts, and I'll be the first person to experience it.

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who's bothered, the following are official AQA statistics regarding the % of entered candidates who achieved an A Grade at the specified subject and level:

Mathematics B - AS: 24.6% and A2: 34.3%
    Physics A - AS: 23.0% and A2: 26.5%
    German - AS: 24.43% and A2: 30.03%
    Biology A - AS: 19.2% and A2: 22.3%
    English Language A - AS: 12.2% and A2: 14.9%
    English Literature A - AS: 15.2% and A2: 20.1%
    Geography A - AS: 19.5% and A2: 22.1%
    Computing - AS: 12.3% and A2: 12.7%
    Economics - AS: 23.1% and A2: 29.3%
    Sociology - AS: 17.0% and A2: 18.9%
    French - AS: 24.2% and A2: 31.3%
    History - AS: 18.6% and A2: 21.5%
    Psychology - AS: 13.6% and A2: 16.5%

ReputationRep:
    *Clasps hands and prays. *

English Literature A - AS: 15.2% and A2: 20.1%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    I did Double Maths, and my teachers thought that in order to have the best chance of getting two A-grades, you shouldn't cash any of your modules in until the end of the Upper Sixth, so that you could have the optimal combination of modules for Single Maths + Further Maths. But if you don't cash in, then you can't actually declare any AS grades (although you can mention module results in a teacher's ref or PS). I told them I'd rather just cash in my Lower Sixth modules and focus on Further Maths, but they insisted. *shrug*
    Yes that is actually true, Often it is best to mix your a-levels so they can include a particularly easy module in with a bunch of harder furthermaths modules. The rules for what modules can go in what subject are complicated but waiting does increase your chances of getting AA at A2.

Our school's policy was not to cash ANY modules after AS unless you were dropping the subject and only continuing with 3.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.