allude741
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm in Year 11 and in all honesty, GCSEs aren't really going as well for me as I want them too. I just did my Mocks in late November and results will be given in Mid-January which I'm pretty anxious about!

However, in the Summer I want to achieve these grades:

Additional Science - AQA - A*
Further Additional Science - AQA - A*
Drama - AQA - A
English Language - AQA - A*
English Literature - AQA - A*
Geography - Edexcel - B
Maths - Edexcel - A
Religious Education - OCR B - A*
Spanish - AQA - A

I already did my GCSE for Core Science in Year 10 and my result was a B...
However, I know I am more than capable of reaching or perhaps exceeding the above targets and I feel that starting this thread will really motivate me!

I plan on staying in school for Sixth Form to study:
English Literature
History
Biology
Philosophy and Ethics - If I obtain 4 A*s or above in the summer, my school lets us study a fourth A-Level

About me!
I LOVE reading anything from Books to Newspapers to the back of a Shampoo bottle and will listen to any genre of music and still love it, although I do have a thing for Rock music.. hehe.
I have a strong passion for travelling and my personal dream in life is just to Travel around the world to explore different cultures and view breathtaking lands.
I plan on studying English Literature at University as I would like to become a Lecturer because I am fascinated by different stories and the formation of characters; how the author has written a beautiful piece of art to make the reader engulfed in the plotline. Also, I quite enjoy public speaking which most people think I'm bizarre for.

I am open to talk to anyone about anything really but I would love to help anyone if I can. I do plan on updating this thread continuously till I receive my final results in August 2017 so I really want these 5-6 months dedicated to my studies.

Happy Revising Everyone!
username2808800
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Harribba)
I'm in Year 11 and in all honesty, GCSEs aren't really going as well for me as I want them too. I just did my Mocks in late November and results will be given in Mid-January which I'm pretty anxious about!

Drama - AQA - A
Geography - Edexcel - B
Maths - Edexcel - A
Spanish - AQA - A

However, I know I am more than capable of reaching or perhaps exceeding the above targets and I feel that starting this thread will really motivate me!

English Literature
History
Biology
Philosophy and Ethics - If I obtain 4 A*s or above in the summer, my school lets us study a fourth A-Level

About me!
I LOVE reading anything from Books to Newspapers to the back of a Shampoo bottle and will listen to any genre of music and still love it, although I do have a thing for Rock music.. hehe.
I have a strong passion for travelling and my personal dream in life is just to Travel around the world to explore different cultures and view breathtaking lands.
I plan on studying English Literature at University as I would like to become a Lecturer because I am fascinated by different stories and the formation of characters; how the author has written a beautiful piece of art to make the reader engulfed in the plotline. Also, I quite enjoy public speaking which most people think I'm bizarre for.

I am open to talk to anyone about anything really but I would love to help anyone if I can. I do plan on updating this thread continuously till I receive my final results in August 2017 so I really want these 5-6 months dedicated to my studies.

Happy Revising Everyone!
Good luck hope you get the grades you want!
allude741
Rep:
?
(Original post by fleky6910)
Good luck hope you get the grades you want!
Aww, Thank you! I hope that you do too!
rayestar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
make notes for every bullet point in the specification for geography and memorise them
allude741
Rep:
?
Thanks! I needed this because Geography is probably my worst subject. Haha. :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Drama - AQA - A
Geography - Edexcel - B
Maths - Edexcel - A
Spanish - AQA - A

English Literature
History
Biology

About me!

Happy Revising Everyone!
Hey best of luck - did my GCSEs the summer just gone, so if you need anything, ask away and I'll try and be as helpful as I can
allude741
Rep:
?
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
allude741
Rep:
?
UPDATE: DAY 1
29/12/16

Just did 2 pages worth of notes on Belief about Deity - RE
Been really busy today so haven't done much but I managed to squeeze a bit of revision in! Hopefully tomorrow will be my day dedicated to just revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
allude741
Rep:
?
Update: 03/01/2017

Happy new year everyone! Hope everyone had a great Christmas and a great start to the new year!

I go back to school tomorrow and I must say, these Christmas holidays are the busiest I've had in my entire life. The struggle of balancing leisure, family time and squeezing little bits of revision here and there was beyond difficult to manage.

As obvious as it may sound, my new years resolution is to get the GCSE grades I want. To start my revision period for 2017 I have just:

• Completed my Spanish homework at last minute which was to produce a paragraph about my city and the points of interest that tourists may want to visit. This paragraph will later be used in my Writing Controlled Assessment in early February.
  • Tried a few questions from MyMaths, mainly topics that I am struggling on such as Functions and Circle Theorems.

For the rest of the day I plan on:
  • Reviewing notes from Biology B2 mainly on the topic of Stem Cells & Embryos and Extinction of Species.
  • Making Notes on topics from Human Geography. I haven't yet decided what topics yet, need to flick over my textbook later.
  • Making notes on Chemistry C2

ALSO NOTE: I receive my Mock Results on FRIDAY 13TH OF JANUARY. Please pray for me. Haha.
misstiah_h
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Great progress so far! I just started a GYG blog for my GCSEs, and I will be watching this one to see how you get along.
Best of luck for getting your mock results back
allude741
Rep:
?
(Original post by misstiah_h)
Great progress so far! I just started a GYG blog for my GCSEs, and I will be watching this one to see how you get along.
Best of luck for getting your mock results back
Thanks so much! I'll be sure to check out your GTG thread later!
allude741
Rep:
?
Okay the moment of truth, here are my Year 11 Mock Results:
Drama: F
English Language: 6/B
Geography
Maths: 5/C
RE: C
Additional Science: B
Further Additional Science: A*
Spanish: C

Terrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fnt1klo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Okay the moment of truth, here are my Year 11 Mock Results:
Drama: F
English Language: 6/B
Geography
Maths: 5/C
RE: C
Additional Science: B
Further Additional Science: A*
Spanish: C

Terrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
B in add science? And A* in further?
allude741
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fnt1klo)
B in add science? And A* in further?
What about that F in Drama. Not to mention the U in Geography...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fnt1klo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What about that F in Drama. Not to mention the U in Geography...

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, my question was that if you're A* in further science you should be A* in add science.
rachaelmulondo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
English literature tomorrow it's your time to shine. :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
allude741
Rep:
?
It doesn't matter anymore. Gonna fail Geography and English :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (76)
23.68%
No (245)
76.32%

Watched Threads