Second year accommodation

Watch this thread
olxvia
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi!
I don't have anything in common with my flatmates and I have made some friends on my course, but they have their own friends who they are living with next year. I was thinking of applying to live on campus for second year individually, so I was just wondering if anyone is going to do the same? I don't want to be a loner and living in a flat by myself 😂 Alternatively, are any groups of people looking for an extra person to share a house?
Thanks
Lmay98
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Hiya!- OMG I’m in the exact same situation; my course friends are all living with their flatmates next year and though my flatmates are all lovely it’ll be 11 in a house next year, which just seems like too much seeing as 8 feels like a bit of a squeeze rn! Have you applied for on campus accommodation/ found a house share yet??
olxvia
Rep:
(Original post by Lmay98)
Hiya!- OMG I’m in the exact same situation; my course friends are all living with their flatmates next year and though my flatmates are all lovely it’ll be 11 in a house next year, which just seems like too much seeing as 8 feels like a bit of a squeeze rn! Have you applied for on campus accommodation/ found a house share yet??
Yeah I'm in that situation, they're really nice but there would be a lot of us.
No I haven't applied to live on campus yet as I want to find out more information about it, have you?
olxvia
Rep:
(Original post by Rgh20375)
Hello!

Do you guys know if you will be sharing halls with first year students if you apply to stay in campus accommodation next year??
No you don't, I think you share with second and third years
UoYAccomm
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Hiya,

If you choose to live on campus you will be sharing with other second, third and fourth year students.

There is information and frequently asked questions on http://www.york.ac.uk/students/accom...on/continuers/ and you can also pick up a Your Housing Options brochure from the Accommodation reception desk in the Information Centre which discusses campus and private sector accommodation.

Accommodation Services will also be at the YUSU Housing Fair on Friday 27 January where you can talk about your options, and meet private sector landlords and providers.

Hope this helps!

Annie,
Accommodation Services
University of York
katija_a
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

I have a spare room for a second year 4 bed house. Other 3 members are female student nurses. Due to a change in my personal circumstances, I am looking for a replacement tenant. Lease starts 1st July 17 until 30th June 18. Lease could also start in September as I am willing to pay the first instalment. 2 bathrooms + separate shower. Living room space with TV/Sky and Wi-Fi. Kitchen has dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer. Rent is £86 per week - no bills included. Let me know if you are interested, I have videos/pictures I can send to you. The house is right next to Halifax college so a 10 min walk to campus.

Thanks!
katija_a
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by olxvia)
Yeah I'm in that situation, they're really nice but there would be a lot of us.
No I haven't applied to live on campus yet as I want to find out more information about it, have you?
Hi,

I have a spare room for a second year 4 bed house. Other 3 members are female student nurses. Due to a change in my personal circumstances, I am looking for a replacement tenant. Lease starts 1st July 17 until 30th June 18. Lease could also start in September as I am willing to pay the first instalment. 2 bathrooms + separate shower. Living room space with TV/Sky and Wi-Fi. Kitchen has dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer. Rent is £86 per week - no bills included. Let me know if you are interested, I have videos/pictures I can send to you. The house is right next to Halifax college so a 10 min walk to campus.

Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (106)
68.83%
No (31)
20.13%
I didn't use it to prepare (17)
11.04%

Watched Threads