The Student Room Group

HC1 form.

I have to fill in a HC1 form to sort out medical things for uni.
Am I supposed to fill it in now or wait until I get to uni?
In it, it talks about "you and you're partenr", asking if you pay rent together etc.
I'm in a shared room when I get to uni, so does my room mate count as my "partner"?
Do accomodation fees payed to the uni count as rent?

I don't know what I'm doing with this thing.

Scroll to see replies

Im filling mine in now, and am going to explain in the 'other information' part that im going to be at uni from X to Y, and that ill be staying in halls. I dont know if im doing right though :/
Reply 2
If you go further on in the form (about page/section 15 or so I think) there is a section there for full time students where it asks for term dates, accommodation fees etc. That's the most important section for you to fill in. To answer your other questions, your partner is someone you live with as though you were married, so unless you plan to sleep with your room mate, no, they are not your partner. And yes, your hall fees are your rent.
Thanks for the info peeps.
Reply 4
Make sure you write your hall fees down as rent, even if its summer and you are living at home rent free. The cheeky lot, said that I was living the whole year off £46.75 per week. Rent is £55.03 before bills, hmmmmm!
Reply 5
I've just been given this form by my dentist. It asks for my "financial assessment" for my loan, which I have - but mine is marked provisional, will they accept it? It also asks for my "award notice" for my grant - does anyone know what this is?
Reply 6
I sent mine off yesterday. How does the support with medical bills actually work? Like say if I wanted to get a prescription or something (because I am on antihistamine)?
Reply 7
Martyn1989
I sent mine off yesterday. How does the support with medical bills actually work? Like say if I wanted to get a prescription or something (because I am on antihistamine)?

You get a piece of A4 paper which is mostly blue. It has your name and address on, and has details of how much help you get, when it runs out, and things like that.

If you have a prescription, you have to take the HC2 to the pharmacy with your prescription. On the back of the prescription, there are boxes to tick why you don't have to pay. Choose the one that says "is named on a valid HC2 certificate" or similar. Then the pharmacy will check the prescription, and ask to see your HC2. Then you get your medicine!
Sometimes, pharmacies will make a note on their system that they have seen your HC2 so you don't have to take it each time. If you ever forget your HC2, then the pharmacy will tick the bit on the prescription that says they haven't seen it, and this will be checked later by the government department that deal with that kind of thing. If you're caught lying, you will get a large fine.

If you have an eye test, mention when booking the test that you have a HC2, then take your HC2 to your appointment.

If you have a hospital appointment, take your HC2. You can claim back travel expenses, so ask about that. You'll need to get a form from the hospital and fill that in.
I know with the QMC in Nottingham they keep the forms at the main reception, and you need to get it stamped by the department that you're going to. They'll pay bus fare if you show your ticket, or they pay petrol costs from your home address, and they'll pay parking if you have the parking ticket. They will not pay taxi fares.

In summary, take your HC2 whenever you go to any health type thing.
Reply 8
Im really confused about this form. My parents earn more than the usual requirement to be entitled to government help so will I still be able to benefit from this form? I won't be living at home either so should I give my university address or home address :s-smilie:
Reply 9
is the HC1 form compulsary to fill out though? Doesnt the fact that we are students - i.e in full time education - entitle us to free prescriptions etc?
Reply 10
Tigerman
is the HC1 form compulsary to fill out though? Doesnt the fact that we are students - i.e in full time education - entitle us to free prescriptions etc?

It's not compulsory - but if you don't fill it out you don't get free prescriptions etc. They're only free whilst you're under 18 and in full time education, ie still at school/6th form
Reply 11
Juno
You get a piece of A4 paper which is mostly blue. It has your name and address on, and has details of how much help you get, when it runs out, and things like that.

If you have a prescription, you have to take the HC2 to the pharmacy with your prescription. On the back of the prescription, there are boxes to tick why you don't have to pay. Choose the one that says "is named on a valid HC2 certificate" or similar. Then the pharmacy will check the prescription, and ask to see your HC2. Then you get your medicine!
Sometimes, pharmacies will make a note on their system that they have seen your HC2 so you don't have to take it each time. If you ever forget your HC2, then the pharmacy will tick the bit on the prescription that says they haven't seen it, and this will be checked later by the government department that deal with that kind of thing. If you're caught lying, you will get a large fine.

If you have an eye test, mention when booking the test that you have a HC2, then take your HC2 to your appointment.

If you have a hospital appointment, take your HC2. You can claim back travel expenses, so ask about that. You'll need to get a form from the hospital and fill that in.
I know with the QMC in Nottingham they keep the forms at the main reception, and you need to get it stamped by the department that you're going to. They'll pay bus fare if you show your ticket, or they pay petrol costs from your home address, and they'll pay parking if you have the parking ticket. They will not pay taxi fares.

In summary, take your HC2 whenever you go to any health type thing.

Thank you :smile:

It won't let me rep you though!
Guys - word of warning, these forms take a while to come through!!!! I sent mine off at the end of July, I got it end of August!!
I'm filling mine in right now, piece of pee.... It's all pretty self explanitory...
Reply 14
My form came through within a week of request, dancin ballerina - maybe there were a lot of people on holiday when you did yours!
Easy to complete if you're just filling it in for yourself and have final assessment for loan. Not sending it off till I actually start though, to avoid confusion.
^^Nope, every year I do it - it takes the same amount of weeks to come back to me, dont know why. So I just fill a form out and send it off 6weeks prior to the other one running out.
No1 replied to my post :frown:
xGlitter88x
Im really confused about this form. My parents earn more than the usual requirement to be entitled to government help so will I still be able to benefit from this form? I won't be living at home either so should I give my university address or home address :s-smilie:

It doesn't ask for your parent's income, if you are living in halls, so I should imagine that you will be able to benefit from the form, yes. I have put my current home address on; not sure if this is right, but I did it because I am still not sure about my university address.
Reply 18
hi, was just filling this form in. And was a little confused as to what they want me to send as proof. It says I need to send a copy of the Financial Assessment, now is this the same as the financial notification, or do I have to request a copy of the financial assessment from the student loans company?

Thank you

Ste679
Reply 19
ste679
hi, was just filling this form in. And was a little confused as to what they want me to send as proof. It says I need to send a copy of the Financial Assessment, now is this the same as the financial notification, or do I have to request a copy of the financial assessment from the student loans company?

Thank you

Ste679

I think I sent my financial notification - the one with total loan and grant to be paid on it, and my university bursary notification. They accepted them OK.

Latest

Trending

Trending